FS Cambridge LNAV & GPSNAV System

Old February 12th 12, 03:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Fox Sierra

Default FS Cambridge LNAV & GPSNAV System

For Sale: complete and fully updated Cambridge system:

LNAV flight computer
LNAV Vario driven by computer
GPS-NAV Model 20 Flight recorder and GPS with integral antenna
GPS-NAV panel mounted Display
Compaq 1550 with panel mounting arm
All cables to interconnect the above

The original cost was over $3,000. *I am asking for $1,000 firm and
will provide coaching and tutoring, as needed, including setting up
databases and parameters. *It is a very easy to use system. *This
system is still as good functionally as the new systems such as the
C302 & C303 combination or the various systems from LX or Ilec which
sell for over $4,000.

Don't hesitate to call me if you would like to learn more!

Fernando B. Silva

+1 404 229-3669
Old February 12th 12, 05:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glidergeek

On Feb 11, 6:21*pm, Fox Sierra wrote:
For Sale: complete and fully updated Cambridge system:

LNAV flight computer
LNAV Vario driven by computer
GPS-NAV Model 20 Flight recorder and GPS with integral antenna
GPS-NAV panel mounted Display
Compaq 1550 with panel mounting arm
All cables to interconnect the above

The original cost was over $3,000. *I am asking for $1,000 firm and
will provide coaching and tutoring, as needed, including setting up
databases and parameters. *It is a very easy to use system. *This
system is still as good functionally as the new systems such as the
C302 & C303 combination or the various systems from LX or Ilec which
sell for over $4,000.

Don't hesitate to call me if you would like to learn more!

Fernando B. Silva

+1 404 229-3669

According to OLC your GPS 20 isn't worth squat. You know all Cambridge
owners are cheaters ;)
Old February 12th 12, 09:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

"glidergeek" wrote in message
[...]

- However, the Cambridge GPS-NAV is still approved for all soaring badges
and all but national and world soaring records. It is still accepted at all
soaring contests.

Old February 13th 12, 02:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Barnard[_2_]

According to OLC your GPS 20 isn't worth squat. You know all Cambridge
owners are cheaters ;).

********
But OLC will take a user modifiable file from any PDA, SN10, etc.????
Old February 13th 12, 12:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
km

*- However, the Cambridge GPS-NAV is still approved for all soaring badges
and all but national and world soaring records. *It is still accepted at all
soaring contests.

Paul,
Just wondering, Why does OLC have heartburn with the CAI 20? FWIW they
take all the claims off of my Oudie.
Old February 13th 12, 01:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

This is only speculation, but I suspect it is because a large percentage of
users were not able to successfully follow the directions for using SeeYou
or a free utility to attach their secure .cai files to their non-secure .igc
files. I imagine this caused the OLC support team a huge amount of extra
work and customer support.

I'm very disappointed that this caused them to drop the Cambridge GPS-NAV
units from the OLC. But it is not really their fault either. They asked
Cambridge to supply a .dll for validating the .cai files (just as every
other flight logger manufacturer has) and Cambridge never did. Cambridge
wasn't motivated to spend a lot of money on software programming costs for a
product that went out of production many years ago.

If someone creates a .dll for the validation of .cai files, then I imagine
the OLC will reconsider its position. I think someone posted here a few
months ago that they were looking into doing that.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
--
Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old February 13th 12, 10:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

But, back to the original purpose of this.
What software version is the L-Nav? Does it have a temperature probe,
g-meter, etc?
Which size vario display? 2.25 or 3.125?
Providing a program with the 1550? GNII maybe? Or, just the 1550.
Recent calibrations on the GPS Nav or L-Nav?
Software version in the GPS Nav? Display version?

Steve Leonard
Old February 13th 12, 11:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Fox Sierra

Steve, thanks for asking for details of my Cambridge system
See below (from memory as glider sits in winter storage)

What software version is the L-Nav? *Does it have a temperature probe,
g-meter, etc?

Latest software version available but LNAV does not include
external temperature probe or G-meter
Which size vario display? *2.25 or 3.125?

Vario display is 3.125" or 80mm
Providing a program with the 1550? *GNII maybe? *Or, just the 1550.

Yes, GNII version 3 is included
Recent calibrations on the GPS Nav or L-Nav?

Gary Kamerer updated and calibrated in 2010
Software version in the GPS Nav? *Display version?

Latest version of both

Fernando Silva ('FS')
404-229-3669