Flap handle activated Climb/Cruise switching

Old March 11th 05, 05:02 PM
Andy Smielkiewicz

Default Flap handle activated Climb/Cruise switching

Would anybody have a suggestion what kind of a switch to use for flap handle
activated Climb/Cruise switching of CAI 302?
Ventus C suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks.

Andy

Old March 11th 05, 05:29 PM
ttaylor at cc.usu.edu

Andy,

I have seen magnetic switches used under the seat pan. Mount one in a
stationary position and the other to the flap control rod. Set it to
close when the flaps are moved into climb position.

Tim

Old March 11th 05, 05:41 PM
5Z

The 302 uses a G meter and GPS to detect whether you're in cruise or
climb, so a switch is not really needed. I haven't found a need for
it.

-Tom

Old March 11th 05, 10:17 PM
Eric Greenwell

5Z wrote:

The 302 uses a G meter and GPS to detect whether you're in cruise or
climb, so a switch is not really needed. I haven't found a need for
it.

THe flap handle activated switch has the disadvantage of switching it
into thermal mode, even if you just want to fly straight and slow under
a cloud street. My 302 also seems to switch at the proper times without
a flap switch.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA
Old March 12th 05, 04:09 PM
Kilo Charlie

Here's a cheap source for magnetic proximity switches. There are many
others. Also as someone else implied there is more control if you place a
switch on the stick.

http://www.radioshack.com/search.asp... =search&SRC=1

Casey Lenox
KC