Laminating crash foam

Old July 23rd 17, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pete Smith[_6_]

Default Laminating crash foam

Any idea of what glue to use when laminating crash foam, for
lumber supports etc.

Ta

Old July 24th 17, 05:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim[_33_]

On Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 9:00:07 AM UTC-7, Pete Smith wrote:
Any idea of what glue to use when laminating crash foam, for
lumber supports etc.

Ta

3M 74 is made for foam. I've used it on many COMFOR cushions and it works well. Amazon.com has it.
Old July 24th 17, 05:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim[_33_]

On Monday, July 24, 2017 at 9:45:48 AM UTC-7, Jim wrote:
On Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 9:00:07 AM UTC-7, Pete Smith wrote:
Any idea of what glue to use when laminating crash foam, for
lumber supports etc.

Ta

3M 74 is made for foam. I've used it on many COMFOR cushions and it works well. Amazon.com has it.

That's CONFOR, not COMFOR. I'm old.
Old July 24th 17, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

The September 2014 issue of "Kitplanes" magazine has a nice article about building foam seats, with suggestions for layering different kinds and densities of foam (including CONFOR) to achieve optimal crash protection and comfort.

One statement by the author is particularly relevant to the original question:

"I recommend either Keyston #4011P General Purpose Spray Adhesive or 3M FoamFast 74 Spray Adhesive. Regular spray adhesives not designed for foam, such as 3M 77 are not recommended- they appear to bond at first, but after a few days, the foam will delaminate."

WAS: Laminating an Aileron Spar NOW: how much wood should I leave at narrowist point? Michael Horowitz Home Built 1 April 12th 07 02:03 AM
Laminating an aileron spar Michael Horowitz Home Built 12 March 28th 07 05:23 AM
Foam ? Neil Home Built 2 June 14th 04 04:10 PM
Foam BD5ER Home Built 17 September 20th 03 04:07 PM
blue foam, pink foam, yellow foam? Corrie Home Built 26 September 1st 03 05:01 PM