f100-boost_01.jpg

Old July 28th 07, 01:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Troy24

Default f100-boost_01.jpg

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	f100-boost_01.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	14993
Old July 29th 07, 07:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
redc1c4

Troy24 wrote:

[Image]

well, *that* would have been exciting......

redc1c4,
"That will be two E tickets please." %-)
--
"Enlisted men are stupid, but extremely cunning and sly, and bear
considerable watching."

Army Officer's Guide
Old July 29th 07, 07:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

redc1c4 wrote:
Troy24 wrote:

[Image]

well, *that* would have been exciting......

redc1c4,
"That will be two E tickets please." %-)
--
"Enlisted men are stupid, but extremely cunning and sly, and bear
considerable watching."

Army Officer's Guide

You have to be _this_ high to take this ride...

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old July 29th 07, 07:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
redc1c4

Dave Kearton wrote:

redc1c4 wrote:
Troy24 wrote:

[Image]

well, *that* would have been exciting......

redc1c4,
"That will be two E tickets please." %-)
--
"Enlisted men are stupid, but extremely cunning and sly, and bear
considerable watching."

Army Officer's Guide

You have to be _this_ high to take this ride...

so this was a NASA test? well, at least the photographer was s*ber....

redc1c4,
"Cheers!" %-)

Old July 30th 07, 05:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ron Monroe

Not a NASA test, an operational test, like was done with the F-84G and
F-104. The purpose was to use it closer to the front lines, where there may
not be an airbase available, and still deliver a quick response. Then, fly
back to where ever possible. They first tried non-powered "iron birds" that
had the proper CG, and launched them off the truck. When they were
satisfied, they tried it on a real airplane. On one test, the JATO bottle
didn't drop, so, it couldn't land. The pilot had to bail out. North American
had a 20 min film showing the tests, that was very interesting. As far as I
know, it never made it into operation, although some F-104s in Germany were
set up to use this Zero Length takeoff method.
Ron

"redc1c4" wrote in message

Old July 30th 07, 08:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
redc1c4

Ron Monroe wrote:

"redc1c4" wrote in message
Dave Kearton wrote:

redc1c4 wrote:
Troy24 wrote:

[...]

"Humor Check!"

i'd explain the funny, but it's already died...... thanks for the info
on the usage. i'd guessed as much from the picture.

redc1c4,
(i'll bet Dave got the joke! %-)

Old July 30th 07, 08:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

"redc1c4" wrote in message
| Ron Monroe wrote:
|
| "redc1c4" wrote in message
| Dave Kearton wrote:
|
| redc1c4 wrote:
| Troy24 wrote:
|
| [Image]
|
| well, *that* would have been exciting......
|

| redc1c4,
| "That will be two E tickets please." %-)
| --
| "Enlisted men are stupid, but extremely cunning and sly, and bear
| considerable watching."
|
| Army Officer's Guide
|
| You have to be _this_ high to take this ride...
|
| so this was a NASA test? well, at least the photographer was s*ber....
|
| redc1c4,
| "Cheers!" %-)
|
| Not a NASA test, an operational test, like was done with the F-84G and
| F-104. The purpose was to use it closer to the front lines, where there
may
| not be an airbase available, and still deliver a quick response. Then,
fly
| back to where ever possible. They first tried non-powered "iron birds"
that
| had the proper CG, and launched them off the truck. When they were
| satisfied, they tried it on a real airplane. On one test, the JATO
bottle
| didn't drop, so, it couldn't land. The pilot had to bail out. North
American
| had a 20 min film showing the tests, that was very interesting. As far
as I
| know, it never made it into operation, although some F-104s in Germany
were
| set up to use this Zero Length takeoff method.
| Ron
|
| "Humor Check!"
|
| i'd explain the funny, but it's already died...... thanks for the info
| on the usage. i'd guessed as much from the picture.
|
| redc1c4,
| (i'll bet Dave got the joke! %-)

My wife calls me a wit, at least she's half right.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old July 30th 07, 06:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ron Monroe

Sorry, I don't always see the intended humor. I don't look at who is sending
the comment before I submit, and I don't know anyone's background. I'm sure
there others who thought it was a serious question.
Ron

"redc1c4" wrote in message
Ron Monroe wrote:

"redc1c4" wrote in message