New checklist item

Old October 26th 04, 03:28 PM
Paul Tomblin

Default New checklist item

Today I was trying to think where I put the fuel slip from my weekend at
KBAF, when I realized that I'd managed to leave without paying. All the
nice people at the FBO had wished me a good flight and nobody mentioned
the gas, so I guess it wasn't all my fault. Still, I guess I should put
that somewhere between "flight plan: filed" and "Prop area: CLEAR" on my
checklist.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
"God be between you and harm, in all the empty places that you must walk"
Old October 26th 04, 03:58 PM
G Farris

In article ,
says...

Today I was trying to think where I put the fuel slip from my weekend at
KBAF, when I realized that I'd managed to leave without paying. All the
nice people at the FBO had wished me a good flight and nobody mentioned
the gas, so I guess it wasn't all my fault. Still, I guess I should put
that somewhere between "flight plan: filed" and "Prop area: CLEAR" on my
checklist.

Flight Plan : FILED
Prop Area : CLEAR
Fuel Slip : SHHhhh . . .

G Faris

PS - Some nice scenery on your trip?

Old October 26th 04, 04:01 PM
Peter R.

Paul Tomblin ) wrote:

Today I was trying to think where I put the fuel slip from my weekend at
KBAF, when I realized that I'd managed to leave without paying. All the
nice people at the FBO had wished me a good flight and nobody mentioned
the gas, so I guess it wasn't all my fault. Still, I guess I should put
that somewhere between "flight plan: filed" and "Prop area: CLEAR" on my
checklist.

Did you call them to offer payment over the phone?

--
Peter

Old October 26th 04, 04:07 PM
C J Campbell

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
Today I was trying to think where I put the fuel slip from my weekend at
KBAF, when I realized that I'd managed to leave without paying. All the
nice people at the FBO had wished me a good flight and nobody mentioned
the gas, so I guess it wasn't all my fault. Still, I guess I should put
that somewhere between "flight plan: filed" and "Prop area: CLEAR" on my
checklist.

Heh, heh. Easy to do, isn't it? Fortunately, most places keep a log of tail
numbers so that forgetful pilots can eventually be billed. Of course, that
can be kind of annoying if you just sold the plane.

Old October 26th 04, 04:23 PM
Ron Natalie

C J Campbell wrote:

Heh, heh. Easy to do, isn't it? Fortunately, most places keep a log of tail
numbers so that forgetful pilots can eventually be billed. Of course, that
can be kind of annoying if you just sold the plane.

That will teach you not to file the paperwork with the FAA in a timely fashion.
Old October 26th 04, 08:38 PM
Paul Tomblin

From: (Paul Tomblin)
Today I was trying to think where I put the fuel slip from my weekend at
KBAF, when I realized that I'd managed to leave without paying. All the

I told you there was a little more "easy going" attitude at Barnes. g
Seriously, though, I do hope you'll give them a call and get things squared up.

Of course. I realized I'd forgotten to pay while I was driving into work,
and so while walking across the parking lot I gave them a call and gave
them my card number.

For future reference....How would you rate the convenience of getting a
rental car?

Great. I called them a few days before, and it was waiting for me when I
got there. Only one weird thing - most places are anal about making sure
you fill it up afterwards, but they gave me the car with half a tank of
gas, so I brought it back with a little less than 3/4s of a tank.

The only place were rental cars were more convenient was at Toronto
Buttonville where they drove it onto the ramp while I was tying down so I
could load my luggage in, and then they drove it around the front while I
did the paperwork.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
There are mushrooms that can survive weeks, months without air or food.
Old October 27th 04, 03:52 AM
john smith

GASP!!! You gave out your credit card number over an open frequency?