Newbie Question Here? FS2004! CRASH

Old January 25th 04, 10:37 PM
Sparky

Default Newbie Question Here? FS2004! CRASH

Just found these NG`s from my newest issue of Computer Pilot.
"Dynamite Magazine".
Anyway I recently purchased FS2004 and getting
a crash on the initial startup screen. I go to "create a flight" and the
aircrft type,airport, weather, all seem to
take several minutes to load. The little display aircraft
also spins around very slowly and jittery. I`ll click FLY NOW and I`ll
freeze up solid!
I`m running a home-built machine with a P4 2.4 gig CPU,
a Radeon 7500 w/64 megs, 512 megs memory and 20
gig HD. I`ve went to ATI Radeons web-site to download upgraded drivers and
still didn`t cure the problem.
FS2002 runs perfect in this Machine!
"What Can I Do", "Where do I Start"................
Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks,

Old January 26th 04, 04:25 AM
Damien Booth

I had that problem with 2002 when I first got it. When you first start
fs2004 go into the settings and turn down the display settings, it worked
for me. Failing that go out and buy a new more powerful comp. with a wacking
great graphics card.

Old January 26th 04, 02:02 PM
dmac

it won't even load the sim w/o it installed, but may be worth re-installing
incase of errors.
I would think about an upgraded vid card.

--
Dave M
Etna, Maine USA