Traffic 2004 vs Ultimate Traffic

Old August 11th 04, 11:01 PM
Tlewis95

Default Traffic 2004 vs Ultimate Traffic

Simply put, which one is better and which one should I get?

Thanks!!

Trace Lewis
Old August 12th 04, 10:36 PM
nathantw

I use UT and though it's great for spotting planes on the same route as
you're flying, but it's really just an airport simulator. If you're sitting
on the ground watching planes take off and land then it's fantastic. If
you're actually using FS9, though, it's not really all that necessary to
have the most updated timetables. I found that 40% of the flights actually
landing and taking off from KSFO are outdated or unknown flights. I bought
the Spring/Summer timetable too. So, basically most of the planes landing or
taking off aren't really doing that in real life. Then again, who really
cares since we're not taking those flights to actually go anywhere?

If I could do it again I think I'd buy My Trafffic 2004, especially since it
has military and general aviation.

"MajorUrsa" wrote in message
et...
Tlewis95 wrote:
Simply put, which one is better and which one should I get?

UT uses real, recent flightplans. T2004 doesn't. This has both
advantages and disadvantages.
If you only want the 'effect' of a lot of other planes landing and
taking of around you take T2004. If you want to have the feeling that
what you see is about the same as the actual situation at that point in
time at that specific airfield, take UT. The disadvantage of the latter
is that FS9 is not able to handel all the traffic that is going on atthe
larger international airfields with 60 or more movements per hour. You
get traffic-jams both on the taxiways and in the air, 2 or more planes
trying to land at the same moment! This is fun to watch except that it
means you won't ever get clearance to depart because it's so busy and
everybody talsk so slowly :-).
I use UT myself and have no access to T2004. It appears that T2004 has
found a compromise that will work, but what the effect on realism is I
don't know.

Ursa..

--
==================================
Ursa (Major)/ \ *-*-* *

Old August 12th 04, 11:35 PM
MajorUrsa

nathantw wrote:
I use UT and though it's great for spotting planes on the same route as
you're flying, but it's really just an airport simulator. If you're sitting
on the ground watching planes take off and land then it's fantastic. If
you're actually using FS9, though, it's not really all that necessary to
have the most updated timetables. I found that 40% of the flights actually
landing and taking off from KSFO are outdated or unknown flights. I bought
the Spring/Summer timetable too. So, basically most of the planes landing or
taking off aren't really doing that in real life. Then again, who really
cares since we're not taking those flights to actually go anywhere?

Yes I agree mostly. Have to say though that timetables seem very close
sometimes (mostly flying middle Europe zone).

If I could do it again I think I'd buy My Trafffic 2004, especially since it
has military and general aviation.

UT has some GA settings too. Didn't know T2004 did Mil.
Anyway for GA I use another called GaTraffic or something; free download
at the usual places. Very interesting concept.

Ursa..

--
==================================
Ursa (Major)/ \ *-*-* *
Old August 13th 04, 05:39 AM

I use both products.
I use MyTraffic to generate General aviation, cargo and military traffic,
and Ultimate Traffic for Commercial aviation.
Both products allow you to compile flights for specific types of aviation.

"MajorUrsa" wrote in message
et...
Tlewis95 wrote:
[...]

Flight Simulator 2004 pro 4CDs, Eurowings 2004, Sea Plane Adventures, Concorde, HONG KONG 2004, World Airlines, other Addons, Sky Ranch, Jumbo 747, Greece 2000 [include El.Venizelos], Polynesia 2000, Real Airports, Private Wings, FLITESTAR V8.5 - JEP vvcd Home Built 0 September 22nd 04 07:16 PM
FS Traffic 2004 Tlewis95 Simulators 3 April 2nd 04 11:50 PM
Riddle me this, pilots Chip Jones Instrument Flight Rules 137 August 30th 03 04:02 AM