304S in competition again

Old July 21st 08, 11:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

Default 304S in competition again

http://www.soaringspot.com/nsm2008/r...aily/day1.html

and again......1st!
tim

Old July 22nd 08, 12:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Jul 21, 3:20*pm, "Tim Mara" wrote:
http://www.soaringspot.com/nsm2008/r...aily/day1.html

and again......1st!
tim

6 pilots flew and everyone landed out. No one got very far. What
does that tell us about any of the gliders?

I remember a Standard Nationals day at Moriarty years ago. The only
person that completed was a local pilot in a Libelle. It was a good
win and he should have been proud but I don't remember a rush to buy
Libelles.

Andy
Old July 22nd 08, 12:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

you obviously are not looking at this one single 304S "prototype has done in
several competitions ...in every contest it has been flown by a new pilot
with little or no experience with this glider in the biggest contests in
Europe and Australia (a production 304S won this contest)
in each and every case the 304S has finished near or at the very top of the
score sheet.
Certainly if you can put 30-40 S-H, LS and AS gliders into the mix you might
think they would stand a pretty good chance of finishing at or near the
top......but with ONE 304S always in the running for the top spot anyone
would have to admit this is a pretty good accomplishment for what must be a
pretty good glider!
tim

Old July 22nd 08, 12:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Jul 21, 4:20�pm, "Tim Mara" wrote:
http://www.soaringspot.com/nsm2008/r...aily/day1.html

and again......1st!
tim

.......those "5 others" are also all older, past generation, 18 Meter
ships......

Also, is their a You Tube video on the 304 Shark Jet flying?
I and others would sure like to see it and hear it.

Thanks and warmest regards........711
Old July 22nd 08, 12:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Jul 21, 4:20*pm, "Tim Mara" wrote:
you obviously are not looking at this one single 304S "prototype has done in
several competitions ...in every contest it has been flown by a new pilot
with little or no experience with this glider in the biggest contests in
Europe and Australia (a production 304S won this contest)
in each and every case the 304S has finished near or at the very top of the
score sheet.

I commented only on the referenced contest result. I have no opinion
on the 304S.

Andy
Old July 25th 08, 05:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Bojack[_2_]

There's an HP304s entered in the worlds. A better comparison.....

Also several other new planes (LS-10, JS-1, Antares).

And, of course, the 29's and Ventus' in mass amounts.

J4

Old July 25th 08, 05:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

yes........again one 304S up against 50 other 18 meter gliders.....
but have no doubt, it will be in the running!
tim

Old July 25th 08, 06:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

"Andy" wrote in message
On Jul 21, 4:20 pm, "Tim Mara" wrote:
you obviously are not looking at this one single 304S "prototype has done
in
several competitions ...in every contest it has been flown by a new pilot
with little or no experience with this glider in the biggest contests in
Europe and Australia (a production 304S won this contest)
in each and every case the 304S has finished near or at the very top of
the
score sheet.

I commented only on the referenced contest result. �I have no opinion
on the 304S.

Andy- Hide quoted text -

It appears all the new 18 Meter ships will be at the Lusse.
Several manufacturers have only one their. The Antares 18, JS1, DG 808
and the 304s. I do believe DJ is flying the new Ventus 2CXA. So,
maybe, 5 single types will be their in the 18 Meter class.
So, in a short time, the IGC files will be available and we might
be able to compare climbs and glides of all these new ships along with
the many V2cx's, LS 10's, ASG 29's and LAK 17's. What is great is the
18 Meter Class has now established itself as a class that most are
watching and has the newest ships in.
Some of these manufacturer's have extreme confidence in their
product to send only one type to a Worlds, lets wish them and their
pilots the best. Without the pilots, none of them would get off the
bottom of the score sheet anyway. Many will be watching and
hopefully, knowing competiton pilots, the pilots will be talking,
giving us their opinons, on the performance of these ships.
When purchasing a new 18 Meter ship these days, one does want
the best information available, to make the best choice, doesn't one?
These sure are exciting times with so many eyes watching.

Thermal tight, Soar high, Fly safe.........# 711.

Need a little more range for your 304S jet? Marc Ramsey[_2_] Soaring 1 July 22nd 07 01:39 PM
HpH 304S news Tim Mara Soaring 2 July 15th 07 04:43 PM
First flight of 304S! Tim Mara Soaring 7 November 26th 06 03:12 PM
Hey Tim! HpH 304S Mike Soaring 5 October 1st 06 03:46 PM
NEW HpH 304S HORNET II Tim Mara Soaring 3 April 29th 04 02:41 AM