Immediate Action Items Emergency

Old June 17th 08, 11:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Ol Shy & Bashful

Default Immediate Action Items Emergency

What do you do? Have you practiced one lately? Any freaking idea what
to do if the engine fails or starts to?
Com' on guys. This board is deader'n a three day old fart.......
Old June 18th 08, 12:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Ramapriyna via AviationKB.com

Ol Shy & Bashful wrote:
What do you do? Have you practiced one lately? Any freaking idea what
to do if the engine fails or starts to?
Com' on guys. This board is deader'n a three day old fart.......

Maybe your farts.

Mine are quite persistent.

Old June 18th 08, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

"Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote in message
What do you do? Have you practiced one lately? Any freaking idea what
to do if the engine fails or starts to?
Com' on guys. This board is deader'n a three day old fart.......

Hey "Ol Shy & Bashful" I've been pumping this group for weeks. Where have
you been? I've got a photo of the results and an eye witness account of
World Famous helicopter aerobatic champion experiencing a changing Density
Altitude in the middle of his 1100+ aerobatic displays in a Schweitzer 300C.
Anyone interested?

BTW haven't practiced one lately. I've got two Safaris down right now. I
will set in the seat of one and make whop whop and engine quitting noises
and drop the collective, back pressure slightly the cyclic at the same time
centering the ball with a little left pedal and pretend that I'm setting up
for that spot that I've had my eye on just for this occasion. Do you think
this would help?

Stu

Old June 21st 08, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message news
On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 18:10:16 -0700, "Stuart & Kathryn Fields"
wrote:

"Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote in message
What do you do? Have you practiced one lately? Any freaking idea what
to do if the engine fails or starts to?
Com' on guys. This board is deader'n a three day old fart.......

Hey "Ol Shy & Bashful" I've been pumping this group for weeks. Where
have
you been? I've got a photo of the results and an eye witness account of
World Famous helicopter aerobatic champion experiencing a changing Density
Altitude in the middle of his 1100+ aerobatic displays in a Schweitzer
300C.
Anyone interested?

Definitely!

We were at the first annual helicopter meet at Fairfield (near Provo) Utah.
Dennis Kenyon, world helicopter aerobatic champion was in the area and
volunteered an exhibition. He was in a borrowed, rented? Schweitzer 300C
and practiced his routing on thursday the 12th. and Came to Fairfield on
Friday the 13th!! to give us a show. He started by putting one skid tip on
the ground and spinning about it several turns and then letting the rotation
continue while he rotored straight up and proceeded to do some high bank
angle maneuvers. At the bottom of what was certainly a steep wing over if
not a loop, he failed to pull out and the helo hit the ground hard. We went
running over expecting to see, at best an unconscious pilot and dreading to
see a dead man. Instead out of a pile about 3' high of helicopter remains
came crawling out Dennis. His first words were apologies to the event
promoter for screwing up the event. Dennis had some superficial cuts on
his face and one on his finger that needed some stitches but that was it.
In an interview with TV later he cited increased Density Altitude as the
culprit. He said there was no mechanical failure of the helicopter that
caused the crash. He further stated that he had in excess of 1100 demos and
this was the first that had ground impact. He handled the TV interview
like the pro he is.
We had been discussing the 3 Cs just befor the event. Crowds, Cameras and
Confidence. I'm now adding DA to the 3 Cs.

Stu

Old June 25th 08, 05:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 13:46:08 -0700, "Stuart & Kathryn Fields"
wrote:

[...]

I saw the video of that. Like you, I'm AMAZED Dennis got out pretty
much unscathed. Of course, all the internet experts piled on stating
Dennis sucks as a pilot, was never in control etc...

I've seen dozens of Dennis' demonstrations (None live, unfortunately)
over the years and I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to hop in a
helicopter with him while he does one of his routines.

I hope he doesn't stop flying demonstrations as a result of this
incident.

Kevin: What internet had the "experts" piling on? Also Dennis had said
that he was retiring. He had voiced that even before his crash. Hell he is
in his mid 70s. The airshow circuit is hard on us magazine people let alone
a helicopter display pilot that performs amazing stunts so close to the
ground.
We've had our UK contact tell us that Dennis is regarded by everyone except
the CAA as an outstanding pilot. That said I wouldn't climb into a
helicopter with him without massive doses of Dramamine. He would have me
barfing in a short time. From our limited contact, I found him to be a
gentleman of the first kidney and I would enjoy learning helicopter flying
from him.

Stu

Immediate Action Items Checklist Ol Shy & Bashful Piloting 25 June 19th 08 08:14 PM
Many items on ebay HELIMAT Aviation Photos 0 January 21st 08 06:53 PM
Used items for sale Paul Remde Soaring 0 November 29th 06 09:23 PM
Items for sale Cosmicwind Aviation Marketplace 0 February 10th 05 08:56 PM
Aviation Items Shaun Aviation Marketplace 0 November 9th 04 12:17 PM