Want a Comanche? Just $875,000.00

Old October 24th 10, 03:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_13_]

Default Want a Comanche? Just $875,000.00

WTF?

http://www.controller.com/listingsde...50/1172689.htm
--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX
Old October 24th 10, 06:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Jay Honeck wrote:
WTF?

http://www.controller.com/listingsde...e/PIPER-COMANC
HE-250/1961-PIPER-COMANCHE-250/1172689.htm --

It has a polished spinner.
Old October 24th 10, 08:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

On Oct 24, 6:22*pm, Jim Logajan wrote:
Jay Honeck wrote:
WTF?

http://www.controller.com/listingsde...e/PIPER-COMANC
HE-250/1961-PIPER-COMANCHE-250/1172689.htm --

It has a polished spinner.

Over a million in my currency.
Could buy a couple of aeroplanes for that and a few hundred hours of
fun for that
Old October 25th 10, 12:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
WTF?

http://www.controller.com/listingsde...50/1172689.htm
--
Jay Honeck

That's just plane crazy!

It IS a really pretty airplane with a very nice interior and paint job--and
I love the tip tanks and one peice windshield.

But, gimme a break. A feind, deceased several years ago, had a 260 with
quite a few speed mods and a 3 blade McCauley. The reason for the McCauley
was that the old 2 blade prop had been in need of overhaul and the new Black
Mack was certificated for the engine, cost less than the overhaul, and
provided some performance improvement with an all new prop. After he died,
his widow sold it for a price in the 80's and all agreed that she got fair
value. I'm fairly confident that another hundred to hundred and twenty
grand would change his plane into this one.

Just my personal opinion, which I believe to be about the same as yours,
free of charge and worth every penny...

Peter

Old October 25th 10, 02:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ash Wyllie

Jay Honeck opined

WTF?

http://www.controller.com/listingsde...R-COMANCHE-250
/1961-PIPER-COMANCHE-250/1172689.htm

Presumably they actually put the decimal point in the wrong place. It might be
interesrting to check.

-ash
Elect Cthulhu!
Vote the greater evil.

Old October 26th 10, 12:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
CareBear[_2_]

Price is $87,500.00.

Old October 26th 10, 03:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Oct 25, 5:02*pm, "CareBear" wrote:
Price is $87,500.00.

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

WTF?

http://www.controller.com/listingsde...ale/PIPER-COMA...
--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX

Hey..... Jays back..... And after the beating he took over at POA it
is no wonder.

Ps... He had a right to be ****ed too.......

Now. did the courtesy car make it back in one piece ??

Ben.
Old October 26th 10, 03:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
a[_3_]

On Oct 23, 10:26*pm, Jay Honeck wrote:
WTF?

http://www.controller.com/listingsde...ale/PIPER-COMA...
--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX
Pathfinder N56993
Ercoupe N94856

Trying to figure out the flaw in my logic here, maybe you can help.
Two Ercoupes at two seats each equals one 4 seat Comanche. Two
Ercoupes each at 100 mph would be faster than a comanche at 180 miles
an hour, and two two bladed props is one more blade than a three
bladed one.

The Comanche does win on fuel though, probably 10 gph vs two Ercoupes
at 4 gph each.
Old October 26th 10, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_13_]

Now. *did the courtesy car make it back in one piece ??

Yep.

Well, more precisely, it made it back to the airport. I haven't
driven it, or checked to see if there is any fuel in it!

BTW: I'm not "back" cuz of any "beating" -- I'm back because of the
heavy-handed censorship that resulted in that thread being summarily
deleted. After some long talks with the moderators (I know two of
them), in which one of them has profusely apologized (he really DID
think they were doing the right thing, I'll give him credit for that)
I've decided to give PofA a rest for a while. You'll see me over on
AOPA's red board, mostly.
--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX

Old October 26th 10, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_13_]

Trying to figure out the flaw in my logic here, maybe you can help.
Two Ercoupes at two seats each equals one 4 seat Comanche. Two
Ercoupes each at 100 mph would be faster than a comanche at 180 miles
an hour, and two two bladed props is one more blade than a three
bladed one.

The Comanche does win on fuel though, probably 10 gph vs two Ercoupes
at 4 gph each.

Well, for simple fun flying, the 'Coupe is hard to beat. There is
NOTHING like flying around on a nice evening, with the "top down" and
your arm hanging out the window, like an old '57 Chevy. It's an
experience I will never forget.

On the other hand, if you want to fly from Texas to Oklahoma, I'd take
the Comanche. Or, more economically, my Pathfinder.
--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX

Comanche at Ft. Rucker Dan & Jan Hollenbaugh Rotorcraft 0 May 26th 04 10:25 PM
Comanche cancelled fffasdef Rotorcraft 2 February 24th 04 03:22 AM
Bye Bye Comanche Prowlus Military Aviation 2 February 24th 04 03:11 AM
Comanche Update Tony Owning 4 January 29th 04 06:44 PM
comanche 250 Tom Jackson Owning 5 July 28th 03 01:02 AM