Vernier throttle cables

Old September 17th 10, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
n9723x

Default Vernier throttle cables

I'm still flying my old C210B around that has a vernier throttle
cable. It's time to replace it, and it seems I can only find a
friction lock cable to replace it with. The dealer said that the FAA
"outlawed" vernier throttle cales due to safety reasons.. Is this
true????
Old September 17th 10, 07:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

n9723x wrote:
I'm still flying my old C210B around that has a vernier throttle
cable. It's time to replace it, and it seems I can only find a
friction lock cable to replace it with. The dealer said that the FAA
"outlawed" vernier throttle cales due to safety reasons.. Is this
true????

Who is the dealer? Ask them for specific reference.

Otherwise check Aircraft Spruce: http://www.aircraftspruce.com/
Old September 17th 10, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

n9723x wrote:
I'm still flying my old C210B around that has a vernier throttle
cable. It's time to replace it, and it seems I can only find a
friction lock cable to replace it with. The dealer said that the FAA
"outlawed" vernier throttle cales due to safety reasons.. Is this
true????

Well, since all the suppliers are still selling them, I replaced my mixture
recently, and a search of the FAA web site only results in some hits
on standards and no prohibitions, I would say no.

FYI when I asked about replacing the throttle control for which there is
no FAA approved vernier replacement, I was told he could do it with a 337.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old September 17th 10, 11:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 11:23:30 -0700 (PDT), n9723x wrote:

I'm still flying my old C210B around that has a vernier throttle
cable. It's time to replace it, and it seems I can only find a
friction lock cable to replace it with. The dealer said that the FAA
"outlawed" vernier throttle cales due to safety reasons.. Is this
true????

Let me finish my correspondence course in LSA
Mechanics and I'll be right down to fix that for you.

Mark
Old September 18th 10, 02:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

In article
,
n9723x wrote:

I'm still flying my old C210B around that has a vernier throttle
cable. It's time to replace it, and it seems I can only find a
friction lock cable to replace it with. The dealer said that the FAA
"outlawed" vernier throttle cales due to safety reasons.. Is this
true????

If you ever fly formation, you will want a friction lock cable, as
opposed to a vernier.
Old September 18th 10, 03:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

Default TROLL FORGERY OF MARK'S IDENTITY

L-23 cables and tire RKW Soaring 2 September 9th 10 09:05 PM
Pretensioning cables Gig 601Xl Builder Home Built 18 December 1st 08 10:22 AM
FS: Piper Booster cables Ottprivatesale Owning 0 July 11th 06 04:36 AM
unsticking cables dlevy Owning 12 January 8th 06 09:39 AM
MiG-29 cables alcatraz Military Aviation 0 March 1st 04 10:01 PM