737 off runway, Pearson Toronto

Old August 2nd 05, 09:36 PM
Skywise

Default 737 off runway, Pearson Toronto

CNN showing a Luftanasa 737 skidded off the end of the
runway at Peasron (sp?) airport, Toronto Canada. The plane
is on fire but appears intact. Heavy thunderstorms reported
in the area.

Brian

Blog: http://www.skywise711.com/Blog

Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?
Old August 2nd 05, 09:45 PM
Skywise

Skywise wrote in news:11evmba39sl7ue3
@corp.supernews.com:

CNN showing a Luftanasa 737 skidded off the end of the
runway at Peasron (sp?) airport, Toronto Canada. The plane
is on fire but appears intact. Heavy thunderstorms reported
in the area.

Brian

Correction. Plane belongs to Air France.

Old August 2nd 05, 10:00 PM
Skywise

Skywise wrote in news:11evmr8cj4ej990
@corp.supernews.com:

Skywise wrote in news:11evmba39sl7ue3
@corp.supernews.com:

CNN showing a Luftanasa 737 skidded off the end of the
runway at Peasron (sp?) airport, Toronto Canada. The plane
is on fire but appears intact. Heavy thunderstorms reported
in the area.

Brian

Correction. Plane belongs to Air France.

Brian

Sorry, further corrections. Media now reporting it as an
Airbus A340.

Next, they'll change their minds on what airport. I thought
they confirmed information before they reported it? (nawwww)

CNN's Miles O'brien, who is a pilot(?), is _trying_ to
explain what may have happened (wind shear causing plane to
stall and fall out of the sky, but not like a dead stick
landing where the pilot still has control). Funny thing is,
the video clearly shows the plane off the end of the
runway.

I think it's far more likely the plane simply couldn't stop.
A local reporter said at the time the rain was coming
down so hard you couldn't see. When the live video first came
in it was raining pretty hard.

Old August 2nd 05, 10:31 PM
A Guy Called Tyketto

Skywise wrote:
[...]

It sorta still is. Check
http://www.canada.com/national/story...3-706ef0159d71

Also, the liveatc.net stream for CYYZ is up and PACKED. Dave
has it archiving as well, covering before, during, and after. Though
the airport is rather shut down for the most, I doubt you'll hear much.
Have a listen anyway.

BL.
- --
Brad Littlejohn | Email:
Unix Systems Administrator, |

Web + NewsMaster, BOFH.. Smeghead! |
http://www.sbcglobal.net/~tyketto

Old August 2nd 05, 10:39 PM
Bob Gardner

I have no experience in airline jets other than Boeing simulators, but my
corporate jet experience tells me that the stick pusher won't let you "stall
and fall out of the sky." Always willing to be proven wrong.

Bob Gardner

Old August 2nd 05, 10:43 PM
Dave

Funny how none of the news agencies are saying anything about the lighting.

There was a witness that came on the live feed and talked about what he saw.
He said the plane WAS struck by lightning. I wonder how long it will take
the news agencies to get there?

Dave

Old August 2nd 05, 11:07 PM
Bob Noel

In article ,
"Dave" wrote:

Funny how none of the news agencies are saying anything about the lighting.

I don't know about that... CNN and Fox were both saying something about
lightning

--
Bob Noel
no one likes an educated mule

Old August 2nd 05, 11:08 PM
Dave

I don't have access to TV here, they might be saying something different on
there.
The news on the website was saying there was lighting in the area, but
nothing about the plane getting struck. (I will check again)

Dave

Old August 2nd 05, 11:12 PM
CW

CBC report no fatalities, 14 minor injuries.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/natio...ane050802.html

CW.

"Dave" wrote in message
I don't have access to TV here, they might be saying something different

on
there.
The news on the website was saying there was lighting in the area, but
nothing about the plane getting struck. (I will check again)

Dave

Pilots Slick Piloting 4 November 20th 04 11:21 AM
Diamond DA-40 with G-1000 pirep C J Campbell Instrument Flight Rules 117 July 22nd 04 05:40 PM
Diamond DA-40 with G-1000 pirep C J Campbell Piloting 114 July 22nd 04 05:40 PM
F15E's trounced by Eurofighters John Cook Military Aviation 193 April 11th 04 03:33 AM
Rwy incursions Hankal Piloting 10 November 16th 03 02:33 AM