Pre Worlds Uvalde Glider Hire

Old February 2nd 11, 11:50 AM
Martin RSA Martin RSA is offline
Junior Member

Exclamation Pre Worlds Uvalde Glider Hire

Hello Chaps

New to this forum, and found it whilst searching for WGC pre-world stuff on the net. I see there are a few other S'ef Efrikans that browse this forum, so "Dag Se' ann julle"

Ok, so to the point of the title: I have been asked to find rental ships available for both the pre-worlds and WGC in Uvalde. If rented for pre-worlds then the same glider for worlds (if possible)

I am specifically looking for an Asg29 (for either 15m or 18m) or an Asw27 for 1 pilot so far.

Glider specs required (if possible) LX8000 or 9000, or C 302/303 (space required for L-nav as back up if possible), decent trailer like a cobra, full tow out gear, water system etc. Basically a full complete ready for competition ship.
Close to Uvalde if possible, but travel is not a problem to collect.

If you know of anything or perhaps know of someone willing to rent or swop on a recipricale basis, please get in contact with me direct via pm or email

Regards to all, and safe flying
Martin RSA
Old February 2nd 11, 02:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

Default Pre Worlds Uvalde Glider Hire

--
Martin RSA

I met my old hang-gliding/soaring mate Quintin Maine when I was in
Jo'burg over Christmas and he said that there would be a South African
contingent coming to Uvalde. I'll be there for the Worlds and have
offered to give the SA Team some local support, including supplying
soaring forecasts and boerwors. I can't help with a 15 or 18 m ship,
but have a Discus 2b that will be available (especially if I can
negotiate some reciprocal SA flying). Will see what I can help you
find.

Mike
Old February 3rd 11, 05:38 AM
Martin RSA Martin RSA is offline
Junior Member

Hello Mike,

Yip, QM still around and kicking. I'm also based at MGC so I'll send your regards.

Thanks for the assistance, I'll check with the guys if they would like to fly the Discus 2B on a swop basis, although a flapped ship would be better. Thanks for offering to help find gliders, it's much appriciated.
And of course, boerewors is always welcome, as long as it's washed down with a few cold ones.
I'll get back to you soonest wrt the Discus.

Thanks, and regards
Martin

Last edited by Martin RSA : February 3rd 11 at 07:30 AM. Reason: additional wording added

Old February 15th 11, 07:24 AM
Martin RSA Martin RSA is offline
Junior Member

Quick little 5m to the top of the page.

Anyone else have any further info on renting/leasing/swopping 15m/18m/open class ships for the pre-worlds and worlds?

regards
Martin

LS-10 at the worlds. Why only ONE? John Bojack[_2_] Soaring 2 August 9th 10 08:39 AM
Re Worlds 1st Jonathon May Soaring 1 February 16th 08 09:29 AM
Worlds first? nimbusgb Soaring 4 February 15th 08 01:05 AM
pre worlds BB Soaring 5 July 29th 07 01:59 AM
Self fly hire in the US Nigel Piloting 25 March 28th 04 09:20 AM