'Good' landing

Old December 1st 03, 04:59 PM
Gene Seibel

Default 'Good' landing

Heard several aircraft talking ot this guy on guard as I was flying
across Missouri last night. Was pretty dark where I was, but probably
not where he was.
--
Gene Seibel
Hangar 131 - http://pad39a.com/gene/plane.html

** Report created 12/1/2003 Record 6 **

IDENTIFICATION
Regis#: 8129S Make/Model: PA28 Description: PA-28
CHEROKEE, ARROW, WARRIOR, ACHER, D
Date: 11/30/2003 Time: 2355

Event Type: Incident Highest Injury: None Mid Air: N
Missing: N
Damage: None

LOCATION
City: WEBSTER CITY State: IA Country: US

DESCRIPTION
AIRCRAFT LANDED IN A BEAN FIELD AFTER EXPERIENCING FUEL EXHAUSTION,
WEBSTER
CITY, IA

INJURY DATA Total Fatal: 0
# Crew: 1 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0
Unk:
# Pass: 1 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0
Unk:
# Grnd: Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0
Unk:

WEATHER: METAR KEBS 302355Z AUTO 30006KT 10SM CLR 02/M04 A3016

OTHER DATA
Activity: Pleasure Phase: Unknown Operation: General
Aviation

Departed: SEDALIA, MO Dep Date: 11/30/2003 Dep.
Time: 2109
Destination: FORT DODGE, IA Flt Plan: VFR Wx
Briefing: Y
Last Radio Cont: 3 SW EBS
Last Clearance: NONE

FAA FSDO: DES MOINES, IA (CE01) Entry date:
12/01/2003
Old December 1st 03, 07:13 PM
John Harlow

Damage: None

In which case this qualifies as a 'Great' landing.

Old December 1st 03, 10:40 PM
Toks Desalu

At night too!!! In middle of bean field!! Either amazing or
increadible lucky!

Or he have some sort of night-vision device!

Old December 2nd 03, 01:17 AM
John Galban

"John Harlow" wrote in message ...
Damage: None

In which case this qualifies as a 'Great' landing.

Agreed. I also wonder why the event type is "incident".

No damage, no one injured. Sounds like a non-event as far as the NTSB is concerned.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)