Oshkosh images posted!!!

Old November 8th 03, 11:33 AM
Tyson Rininger

Default Oshkosh images posted!!!

My first time at Osh, and it was unbelievable. From the immense formation
flyovers to the multitude of weather conditions in a single week...hey, I'm
from California!
I was fortunate to have a job when I arrived in Osh working with
www.Aero-News.net. Those guys had me running all over the place learning
things about aircraft I didn't even know were there. Other fun events
included the Wright Flyer stamp unveiling, interviewing Chuck Yeager as part
of the Young Eagle Program, GyroCopters from Fon du Lac, meeting EAA's
founder Paul Pobrezney...ok well, he tried to run me over in his modified VW
Bug...what could I say? And of course, I can't forget about the interview
with Neil Armstrong...he did a great job evading the media at Dayton, but
even he knew that eventually I'd find him!

If there was one thing I could change during my stay at Oshkosh, it would
have been to spend more time with Jim Wright. I walked passed his aircraft
photographing the children admiring their reflections many times. On three
different occasions, I was supposed to interview Jim but our paths never
crossed at Osh. Though I had met him a couple times as a passerby, I never
thought I would regret not having the ability to actually sit down and talk
with him. While editing some of the images, they suddenly took on a new
meaning. He and the H-1 will sorely be missed.

On the lighter side, the Stars of Tomorrow took to the skies each day for
the first time in front of a major air show audience...not counting the
smaller audience and intended 'practice' show at Selfridge ANG base the week
prior. Shandy, Goody, Nick, David, Wytch and Zach took their turns in the
sky and performed flawlessly. It was bittersweet to end the week and see all
these guys go their seperate ways. I'm sure we'll be seeing them again in
the near future!

All and all the show was fantastic! Over 11,000 aircraft showed up scattered
throughout Winnebago County. From The Lagoon to Fon du Lac Airport, there
wasn't a single moment when one could look up and not see an aircraft
flying. Seeing Airbus' A300-600 Beluga, Russia's BE-103 Beriev Seaplane, 3
Ford Tri-Motors airborne at the same time, Adam Aircraft's A-600 corporate
concept jet and NASA's TR-1 taxiing within feet of me made the trip so worth
while!

Hope you enjoy the pics half as much as I enjoyed the experience.
http://www.tvrphotography.com/Aviation.htm

--
TVR Photography
P.O. Box 1227, Monterey, CA 93942