Oshkosh Roster -- Sign In, Please!

Old July 20th 03, 06:40 AM
Dave S

Default Oshkosh Roster -- Sign In, Please!

Unfortunately, Jay...

Dave from Houston WONT be making it this year. I know I surprised you
last year one evening, and I originally intended to go, alas Im back in
school finishing up some higher education.. the "come hell or high
water" project has a public presentation due right in the middle of the
week of OSH.. so.. excuses excuses.

Gonna miss you guys.
Dave S PPSEL

Jay Honeck wrote:

Okay, here's something that should help us pull off an OSH get together.
Let's post who the heck we are, what the heck we're flying, and when the
heck we're arriving. That way, we'll have SOME clue as to whom we'll be
sharing a cold one with whilst enjoying the "Big Show".

If you cut and paste the previous poster's info into your post, we'll
eventually have one big printout with everyone's info on it.

The day we've decided to run with for the get together is THURSDAY AFTER THE
AIRSHOW. It will be at OUR CAMPSITE in the North 40. You will have to stop
at the EAA Camp Booth in the North 40, and have them do a search on either
my "N" number, or my last name. They will then pinpoint our location for
you, and you can toddle over for a cold one or three.

Remember -- bring beer! If you don't bring beer, you're be buying at Friar
Tuck's, which is where we'll all stagger to for dinner.

Anywho, here goes:

Who: Jay, Mary, Joey (12) and Becca (9) Honeck
What: 1974 Piper Cherokee Pathfinder
Tail #: N56993
Arriving: Tuesday, 7/29
Departing: Sunday, 8/3
Staying where? North 40

Old July 20th 03, 04:45 PM
Dave S

Yea.. I was the one who used the EAA camp registration system to stalk
you. Good luck and drink a beer or three for me.

Dave

Jay Honeck wrote:

Dave from Houston WONT be making it this year. I know I surprised you
last year one evening, and I originally intended to go

Sorry to hear it, Dave. I think it was you (?) that told me about the EAA
North 40 Booth, and their marvelous computerized "tracking" abilities!

I know I was surprised to have you (and a few other people) wander over to
our campsite last year, seemingly out of the clear blue sky. It was really
strange, thinking you're a "million miles from home", lost in the middle of
12,000 airplanes, and suddenly have someone come up and say "Hi, Jay!"

(Actually, that wasn't the best example. We actually had a person come up
to us while we were standing in line at the Fly Market, and say "Hey --
aren't you Jay Honeck?" He actually recognized my picture off of our
website! Talk about "Total Recall"! )