A-10 "Farting"

Old June 26th 04, 02:51 PM
Prowlus

Default A-10 "Farting"

was watching a programme about the hog yesterday and was pretty
intrigued on why the A-10 makes a "fart noise" everytime it spews out
its 30mm shells . How is it caused just curious
Old June 26th 04, 03:35 PM
Frank Neurath

Prowlus wrote:

was watching a programme about the hog yesterday and was pretty
intrigued on why the A-10 makes a "fart noise" everytime it spews out
its 30mm shells . How is it caused just curious

Thats how a high cadence gatling gun sounds like...

Frank

--
The above email address does either not exist or is not accessible for me.
In case you need to contact me, use:
Old June 26th 04, 04:01 PM
matheson31

And by the way, the casings are not ejected, but recycled into the
ammunition drum for storage (and CG considerations)
--
Les Matheson
F-4C(WW)/D/E/G(WW), AC-130A, MC-130E WSO/EWO (ret)

"Frank Neurath" wrote in message
Prowlus wrote:

was watching a programme about the hog yesterday and was pretty
intrigued on why the A-10 makes a "fart noise" everytime it spews out
its 30mm shells . How is it caused just curious

Thats how a high cadence gatling gun sounds like...

Frank

--
The above email address does either not exist or is not accessible for me.
In case you need to contact me, use:
temp1.neumy_first_name att onlinehome.de
Sorry, for the inconventience!

---

Old June 26th 04, 08:23 PM
Jim Baker

It doesn't sound like passing gas to me lol. BTW, if you're in a crowd and
you hear that type of noise, I'd duck.

JB

om...

Old June 26th 04, 08:39 PM

In article , "Jim Baker"
wrote:

It doesn't sound like passing gas to me lol. BTW, if you're in a crowd and
you hear that type of noise, I'd duck.

JB

If you hear it, it's already missed you!
Old June 27th 04, 09:09 AM
Thundermaster

In the Hollywood movies you hear whenever you see An Airplane shooting his
rotating gun a "tak tak tak ish "sound but in reality a gatling like gun
fires about 9000 rounds p/m so you don't hear every slow rate sinle shot .
You hear a Dino Fart. (thats how we called the sound at our AFB)
Dave

"Prowlus" schreef in bericht
om...

Old June 27th 04, 10:51 AM
Cub Driver

And by the way, the casings are not ejected, but recycled into the
ammunition drum for storage (and CG considerations)

As a signal of where the work has progressed to, when I read this, I
tried to figure out what CG meant in this connection. What Act of
Congress specified that the military had to recycle its brass? Or was
it merely a Conservation Guidance memo from the Pentagon?

I went through two or three of these before I realized that you were
talking about weight distribution.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

The Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com
The Piper Cub Forum www.pipercubforum.com
Viva Bush! weblog www.vivabush.org
Old June 28th 04, 04:03 AM
Jeb Hoge

"Thundermaster" wrote in message ...
In the Hollywood movies you hear whenever you see An Airplane shooting his
rotating gun a "tak tak tak ish "sound but in reality a gatling like gun
fires about 9000 rounds p/m so you don't hear every slow rate sinle shot .
You hear a Dino Fart. (thats how we called the sound at our AFB)

I always thought it sounded like a big-rig diesel under engine braking.