Off Topic..... But it Flies - So Bite Me.

Old January 1st 07, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Shiver

Default Off Topic..... But it Flies - So Bite Me.

First day of the new year and I find this
little link in a cooking newsgroup.

Go figure.

http://www.jet-man.com/actuel.html

Then there is his homepage showing some of the other things he has put
these model jet engines on.

http://www.jet-man.com/performance.html#
Old January 11th 07, 09:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
JohnO

Shiver wrote:
First day of the new year and I find this
little link in a cooking newsgroup.

Go figure.

http://www.jet-man.com/actuel.html

Then there is his homepage showing some of the other things he has put
these model jet engines on.

http://www.jet-man.com/performance.html#

What is it about Frogs and dangerous sports?

Old January 11th 07, 11:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Shiver

JohnO wrote:

What is it about Frogs and dangerous sports?

Why would you answer in such a deragatory manner as you just did.???
Old January 12th 07, 03:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
JohnO

Shiver wrote:
JohnO wrote:

What is it about Frogs and dangerous sports?

Why would you answer in such a deragatory manner as you just did.???

Sorry, where's the derogatory element?

And don't say 'Frogs'. I know a few French folks including my brother
in law and can assure you none of them see 'Frogs' as anything other
than humorous.

Lighten up, mate!

Old January 12th 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Shiver

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:

When I see 'Frogs" here, I think of a CH-46...

Well too bad your not a bit of a froggy yourself there Kevin.

If you were you could leap across the border up to Calgary and drop off
a resume with the Calgary police department.

They are hiring...... helicopter pilots.

Plural.

It seems the economy is so good up here in the garden of eden,
( or is that the oil pit ) that some of the police helicopter pilots
with the Calgary police force have quite their jobs to work in the oil
patch or for STARS air ambulance which has been forced to pay more for
helicopter pilots to stay with them.

Calgary has literally had to ground one of their helicopters at times
because of a shortage of pilots.

Now how often do you think that happens.
Old January 12th 07, 11:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Maxwell

"Shiver" wrote in message
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:

When I see 'Frogs" here, I think of a CH-46...

Well too bad your not a bit of a froggy yourself there Kevin.

If you were you could leap across the border up to Calgary and drop off
a resume with the Calgary police department.

They are hiring...... helicopter pilots.

Plural.

It seems the economy is so good up here in the garden of eden,
( or is that the oil pit ) that some of the police helicopter pilots
with the Calgary police force have quite their jobs to work in the oil
patch or for STARS air ambulance which has been forced to pay more for
helicopter pilots to stay with them.

Calgary has literally had to ground one of their helicopters at times
because of a shortage of pilots.

Now how often do you think that happens.

Some flight school has been advertising heavily in the Tulsa area lately,
claiming a tremendous shortage of helo pilots. I think it was Central States
Helicopter, or something like that. I just fugured it was a bit of a gimmick
for a flight school. But I guess it is about time for all the Viet Nam era
pilots to retire.

Old January 13th 07, 01:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Shiver

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:

I dunno.. I'm sitting here looking out the window at blue skies and
sunshine and absolutely NO prospect of snow - ever..

Hah hah hah.

I don't see how I can leave this weather...

You probably won't

BUT.... Your daughter and as yet unborn grandchildren probably will
have little choice in about thirty years but to leave your neck of the
woods looking for cooler climate in which to live.

They sure are predicting a dire future once the effects of global
warming take hold.

Up here we are seeing flash floods and storms on the west coast, little
snow and mild winters on the prairies, and in the maritimes those lucky
folks are golfing when they should be receiving record snow.

The aboriginals in the north are seeing mud, rain and lightning storms
in the winter and the polar bears are probably going to face extinction
because of the mild winters and inability to hunt due to no ice.

You don't even want to think what it will be like in your country in
areas like Arizona and Texas in about thirty to fifty years.

And in Kaliforneee.... You folks might be under water.
Old January 13th 07, 08:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
JohnO

Maxwell wrote:
"Shiver" wrote in message
[...]

I saw this ad today for ag pilots in Ca - they required only from 250
hours.

Too good to be true?

http://www.verticalreference.com/hel...oduct=13&cat=3

Old January 13th 07, 08:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
JohnO

Shiver wrote:
[...]

Down here in NZ we just had the coldest December on record - this is
our summer! So far January has been rain, rain rain.

Forget the money. Please send global warming!