smithsonian ki-45 wings lost?

Old September 29th 03, 06:07 AM
old hoodoo

Default smithsonian ki-45 wings lost?

The Ki-45 fuselage at the smithsonian appears to be in relatively good
condiion...unfortunately the only pics I have ever seen is the fuselage.
Have the stabilizers, wings, and engines been lost? Would look awesome
displayed with a B-29.

Al

Old September 29th 03, 03:58 PM
Ron Natalie

"old hoodoo" wrote in message ...
The Ki-45 fuselage at the smithsonian appears to be in relatively good
condiion...unfortunately the only pics I have ever seen is the fuselage.
Have the stabilizers, wings, and engines been lost? Would look awesome
displayed with a B-29.

Much of the stuff at the Garber facility (the NASM's storage / restoration facility)
is disassembled and otherwise crammed into the buildings there. Things will
be much better at the new Udvar-Hazy center at Dulles Airport. The building
is substantially complete and they've started moving the aircraft in.