CECO Vs. Bendix Fuel Controls

Old September 25th 03, 08:14 AM
Mike Th...

Default CECO Vs. Bendix Fuel Controls

Does anyone know the benefits of either a CECO fuel control versus a Bendix
fuel control on the Rolls Royce 250 Series? Aside from the fact that one
works off of air pressure and the other off of fuel pressure is one better
than another?

Old September 25th 03, 05:54 PM
Stan Gosnell

"Mike Th..." wrote in

Does anyone know the benefits of either a CECO fuel control versus a
Bendix fuel control on the Rolls Royce 250 Series? Aside from the fact
that one works off of air pressure and the other off of fuel pressure
is one better than another?

IIRC after all these years, the CECO allows some modulation during the
start. The Bendix is either on or off. ISTR that we eventually did away
with all our CECO's and went all Bendix, for some reason unknown to the
pilots. Most likely an A&P will jump in with the real story.

--
Regards,

Stan

Old September 25th 03, 07:02 PM
Sla#s

"Stan Gosnell" wrote in message
"Mike Th..." wrote in

Does anyone know the benefits of either a CECO fuel control versus a
Bendix fuel control on the Rolls Royce 250 Series? Aside from the fact
that one works off of air pressure and the other off of fuel pressure
is one better than another?

IIRC after all these years, the CECO allows some modulation during the
start. The Bendix is either on or off. ISTR that we eventually did away
with all our CECO's and went all Bendix, for some reason unknown to the
pilots. Most likely an A&P will jump in with the real story.

Simple - CECO costs more.
BTW Bendix now make a FADEC system for the 250 as well.
See:
http://www.aviationtoday.com/reports.../0101bower.htm
or http://tinyurl.com/onvu

Slatts

Old September 26th 03, 04:52 AM
Mike Th...

BTW Bendix now make a FADEC system for the 250 as well.
See:
http://www.aviationtoday.com/reports.../0101bower.htm
or http://tinyurl.com/onvu

Slatts

Thanks for the link. We operate a 407 and I know about that system but I
didn't know Bendix has a STC'd FADEC.

Old September 27th 03, 06:10 AM
Chuck Kemp

The system mentioned in the link is not a FADEC. It is an engine monitoring
system that protects from Hot Starts. FADEC does a lot more than protect
from hot starts...

If my memory serves me correctly, Altair is now a part of Pratt and Whitney.
It was only in a partnership with Honeywell/Bendix and never was owned by
them.

Chuck

Old September 27th 03, 06:22 PM
Sla#s

"Chuck Kemp" wrote in message
The system mentioned in the link is not a FADEC. It is an engine

monitoring
system that protects from Hot Starts. FADEC does a lot more than protect
from hot starts...

If my memory serves me correctly, Altair is now a part of Pratt and

Whitney.
It was only in a partnership with Honeywell/Bendix and never was owned by
them.

I have never had any dealings with the system but the article says:

"Another benefit of most standard FADECs and Intellistart Plus+ is that they
can produce an accurate accounting of flights, starts, torque events,
exceedences, and power checks. "

Slatts

Old September 29th 03, 04:25 AM
Chuck Kemp

Sla#s said:
snip:
BTW Bendix now make a FADEC system for the 250 as well.

The Altair system is not a FADEC, it just has some items in common. (FADEC
controls the complete engine) and also records exceedances. (Altair only
controls the start process) and records exceedances.

Chuck

Old October 15th 03, 02:38 PM
Greg Johnsonq

Just for info.
CECO is now BF Goodrich Controls.
Gj
snip:

"Sla#s" wrote in message

"Chuck Kemp" wrote in message
The system mentioned in the link is not a FADEC. It is an engine

monitoring
system that protects from Hot Starts. FADEC does a lot more than

protect
from hot starts...

If my memory serves me correctly, Altair is now a part of Pratt and

Whitney.
It was only in a partnership with Honeywell/Bendix and never was owned

by
them.

I have never had any dealings with the system but the article says:

"Another benefit of most standard FADECs and Intellistart Plus+ is that

they
can produce an accurate accounting of flights, starts, torque events,
exceedences, and power checks. "

Slatts

Replacing fuel cut-off valve with non-a/c part??? Michael Horowitz Owning 46 January 15th 05 10:20 PM
Is Your Airplane Susceptible To Mis Fu eling? A Simple Test For Fuel Contamination. Nathan Young Piloting 4 June 14th 04 06:13 PM
faith in the fuel delivery infrastructure Chris Hoffmann Piloting 12 April 3rd 04 01:55 AM
Yo! Fuel Tank! Veeduber Home Built 15 October 25th 03 02:57 AM
Hot Starting Fuel Injected Engines Peter Duniho Piloting 23 October 18th 03 02:50 AM