Avgas prices in your area?

Old April 20th 07, 04:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
wise purchaser

Default Avgas prices in your area?

I fly to KBHM ( Birmingham, AL) Avag gas is $ 5.38 Gal!!! Just
over the border in Tennessee AVGAS gas is about $ 3.38 Gal! ?????
WHY???

I fly with MOGAS 95 % time for $ 2.65 /gal Thank GOOODNES MY
Cessna 150 /150 has the long range wing tanks(40 gal) plus the O&N
conversions 15 gal tank in the baggage compartment! With the E/I
Electronic fuel flow indicator installed I can stay in the air for
about 7.5 hours!

Old April 20th 07, 11:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
kontiki

wise purchaser wrote:
I fly to KBHM ( Birmingham, AL) Avag gas is $ 5.38 Gal!!! Just
over the border in Tennessee AVGAS gas is about $ 3.38 Gal! ?????
WHY???

I fly with MOGAS 95 % time for $ 2.65 /gal Thank GOOODNES MY
Cessna 150 /150 has the long range wing tanks(40 gal) plus the O&N
conversions 15 gal tank in the baggage compartment! With the E/I
Electronic fuel flow indicator installed I can stay in the air for
about 7.5 hours!

Who would want to sit inside of a Cessna 150 for 7 and a half hours?

Old April 20th 07, 12:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
gpaleo

Ο "Darrel Toepfer" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
. 18...

kontiki wrote:

wise purchaser wrote:
I fly to KBHM ( Birmingham, AL) Avag gas is $ 5.38 Gal!!! Just
over the border in Tennessee AVGAS gas is about $ 3.38 Gal! ?????
WHY???

I fly with MOGAS 95 % time for $ 2.65 /gal Thank GOOODNES MY
Cessna 150 /150 has the long range wing tanks(40 gal) plus the O&N
conversions 15 gal tank in the baggage compartment! With the E/I
Electronic fuel flow indicator installed I can stay in the air for
about 7.5 hours!

Who would want to sit inside of a Cessna 150 for 7 and a half hours?

Alone!!!

And what do you pee in????
;-))

Old April 20th 07, 02:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
B A R R Y[_2_]

kontiki wrote:

Who would want to sit inside of a Cessna 150 for 7 and a half hours?

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking!!!! 8^)
Old April 20th 07, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Clay

Paid $2.91 for 100LL on April 18 at Ft. Scott, Kansas FSK.
They are super nice people. Their jet fuel was also under $3 per
gallon.

Old April 20th 07, 06:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
flynrider via AviationKB.com

wise purchaser wrote:
I fly to KBHM ( Birmingham, AL) Avag gas is $ 5.38 Gal!!! Just
over the border in Tennessee AVGAS gas is about $ 3.38 Gal! ?????
WHY???

The usual reason is that Birmingham probably sells more fuel than the
Tennesee airport. Avgas is usually priced by the cost of the load, when
delivered to the airport. This is unlike autogas stations that constantly
change their prices to follow the market.

If the Tennesee airport is still working on getting rid of 2,000 gallons
that they bought 3 weeks ago, then the price would be substantially lower.

I see this at my local airport all the time. We have two self serve pumps
run by different vendors. When prices are going up, whichever pump has the
newest fuel is priced higher. It works in reverse when prices are dropping.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old April 20th 07, 08:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ross

wise purchaser wrote:
I fly to KBHM ( Birmingham, AL) Avag gas is $ 5.38 Gal!!! Just
over the border in Tennessee AVGAS gas is about $ 3.38 Gal! ?????
WHY???

I fly with MOGAS 95 % time for $ 2.65 /gal Thank GOOODNES MY
Cessna 150 /150 has the long range wing tanks(40 gal) plus the O&N
conversions 15 gal tank in the baggage compartment! With the E/I
Electronic fuel flow indicator installed I can stay in the air for
about 7.5 hours!

We just went to $3.10/gal for 100LL. We try to keep it the lowest in the
area. Our problem is a tank too small to take a full load and we
sometimes get an extra charge for split load. We will fix that this year.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP

Old April 21st 07, 07:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Peter R.

On 4/19/2007 11:01:23 PM, wise purchaser wrote:

I fly to KBHM ( Birmingham, AL) Avag gas is $ 5.38 Gal!!! Just
over the border in Tennessee AVGAS gas is about $ 3.38 Gal! ?????
WHY???

I fly between Buffalo, NY, and Syracuse, NY, weekly and have been tankering
up at a small airport just outside of Buffalo (Lancaster, NY) for $3.45/gal
when conditions allow (that airport does not have an instrument approach).
Upon reading your thread I realized I hadn't checked the prices at those two
class C airport in perhaps six months and according to Airnav both are now
over $5.25/gal. Woah...

--
Peter

100/130 avgas Roy Smith General Aviation 1 December 24th 06 10:17 AM
Old AvGas gwengler Piloting 2 December 16th 06 02:07 PM
Avgas STC Mike Granby Owning 12 September 6th 05 07:18 PM
Avgas Prices aluckyguess Piloting 14 May 6th 05 07:23 AM
Rising avgas prices invoke new measures Dudley Henriques Piloting 30 May 4th 05 12:28 AM