Door Seal for Piper Archer

Old May 7th 08, 01:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Door Seal for Piper Archer

I have a 1995 Piper Archer which is starting to get loud inside as the
door seal is getting all worn and cruddy. I looked on the web to buy
new door seals. I did not realize there was such a plethora of
products out there. I am thinking about the Avtek air-squeeze product
and wonder if anyone has any experience with this product. How long
can I expect it to last ? Any better ideas ?

http://www.avtek2.com/Aircraft_Door-...Comparison.htm

Thanks for your input.

Evan
Old May 7th 08, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Paul kgyy

On May 7, 7:54 am, wrote:
I have a 1995 Piper Archer which is starting to get loud inside as the
door seal is getting all worn and cruddy. I looked on the web to buy
new door seals. I did not realize there was such a plethora of
products out there. I am thinking about the Avtek air-squeeze product
and wonder if anyone has any experience with this product. How long
can I expect it to last ? Any better ideas ?

http://www.avtek2.com/Aircraft_Door-...Comparison.htm

Thanks for your input.

Evan

Join the Cherokee Pilots Association; you'll find a lot of reports on
this and other door seals on their chat.
Old May 8th 08, 01:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On May 7, 4:48*pm, Paul kgyy wrote:
On May 7, 7:54 am, wrote:

I have a 1995 Piper Archer which is starting to get loud inside as the
doorseal is getting all worn and cruddy. *I looked on the web to buy
newdoorseals. *I did not realize there was such a plethora of
products out there. *I am thinking about the Avtek air-squeeze product
and wonder if anyone has any experience with this product. *How long
can I expect it to last ? *Any better ideas ?

http://www.avtek2.com/Aircraft_Door-...Comparison.htm

Thanks for your input.

Evan

Join the Cherokee Pilots Association; *you'll find a lot of reports on
this and otherdoorseals on their chat.

I was hoping to get some input from other aircraft owners as well as
Cherokee owners. I would think if the product didn't last on a
Cessna, it wouldn't last on a Cherokee. Conversely, if some happy
Cessna owner has ten-year old Avtek seals that are in great shape, I'd
love to hear that too...

Thanks.
Evan
Old May 8th 08, 02:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dave[_19_]

Hi Evan!

I have the original seal from Aircraft Door Seals, the memory foam
version, and the door is absolutely tight!

Very pleased..

Their new seal is starting to get some good reports.

Several have said that AvTeck's seal is very good as well. I have not
seen or used it, but all Mike's products work as advertised and his
customer service/support is absolutely top knotch.

Dave

Old May 9th 08, 06:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jack Allison

Aircraft Door Seals work great. Having met Dick Russ, the company owner
and corresponded with him on the Cherokee Pilot's Association site, I'd
definitely recommend supporting his company.

We have their seals on the door and baggage compartment of our '71
Arrow. They've held up well for the past three years. The door seal is
the first design that went on the fuselage side vs. the door. I
understand they've developed a seal that installs on the door and I'm
planning to use that one as a replacement, probably sometime in the next
year or so.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-Instrument Airplane

"To become a Jedi knight, you must master a single force. To become
a private pilot you must strive to master four of them"
- Rod Machado

Piper Archer Glenn[_2_] Aviation Photos 0 August 19th 07 08:15 AM
Door seal, inflateable or no? Jim Burns Owning 4 November 15th 04 02:22 AM
piper archer ,help !! D O'Reilly Simulators 1 September 12th 04 04:04 PM
Door seal?? Frode Berg Owning 1 June 14th 04 03:28 PM
Piper Archer III or Cessna 172SP Dale Harwell Owning 10 July 15th 03 04:01 AM