Big Kahunas

Old December 11th 03, 06:38 PM
Gig Giacona

"R. Hubbell" wrote in message
news:kp1Cb.56$pY.17@fed1read04...

Look past the "market", move away the curtain and look what's really

behind it
if you have the capacity to do so. The planet is not inexhaustible,

unfortunately.

R. Hubbell

Name one thing, of which, the planet has ever run out. Trees can be
replanted and in a matter of years you can't tell they were ever gone.

We will not ever run out of oil. It will become more expensive but as it
does the motivation to create an alternative will increase.

That is what an free market does. Left alone a free market will cause all
materials to be used for the most efficient use.

Old December 11th 03, 08:42 PM
Montblack

Aviation related:
Passenger Pigeons comes to mind.

--
Montblack
http://lumma.de/mt/archives/bart.gif

"Gig Giacona"

Old December 11th 03, 09:09 PM
Wdtabor

In article 0l1Cb.55$pY.42@fed1read04, "R. Hubbell"
writes:

We can't buy jet engines from or electric generators from emerging nations
because they don't sell them. We buy cheap labor from them because that is
what, for now, they have to offer. The alternative is to not buy what they

have
to sell and let them do without our wheat and technology.

See above.

In other words, you have no answer.

--
Wm. Donald (Don) Tabor Jr., DDS
PP-ASEL
Old December 11th 03, 09:09 PM
Wdtabor

In article kp1Cb.56$pY.17@fed1read04, "R. Hubbell"
writes:

writes:

Those $5 picture frames will have a long term cost that cannot be paid

back.

Those $5 picture frames are what those folks have to offer, for now.

At least until all the forests are gone there, yes.

Uh huh, so you think they're going to deplete the rainforests making picture
frames.

So,you have no real answers, just leftist slogans.

Next come the accussations of greed.

Don

--
Wm. Donald (Don) Tabor Jr., DDS
PP-ASEL
Old December 11th 03, 09:09 PM
Wdtabor

In article Co2Cb.502462$HS4.3878194@attbi_s01, "Jay Honeck"
writes:

How, exactly, does one pressure France?

Short of standing on their border and shouting at them in German.

On the contrary, I believe we have found the PERFECT method of pressuring
the French (and other so-called "allies") -- we have quite simply
disqualified them from bidding on any reconstruction contracts in Iraq.

This has been "Big News" the last couple of days, as if it were somehow
revolutionary to exclude disloyal nations from reaping the benefits of our
labors. Personally, I call it "justice".

Money talks.

Expect Bush to let them bid after they forgive all or part of the Iraqi debt.

Which should be called the Baathist debt since the Iraqi's never benefited from
it, and they should be collecting it from Saddam.

But still, when they make the cocession of forgiving that debt, Bush will let
them in .

Don

--
Wm. Donald (Don) Tabor Jr., DDS
PP-ASEL
Old December 11th 03, 09:09 PM
Wdtabor

In article , "Gig Giacona"
writes:

That is what an free market does. Left alone a free market will cause all
materials to be used for the most efficient use.

Sadly, they never seem to let it alone, a clods like Jimmy Carter who think
they are smarter than the market cause havoc trying to "do good."

Don

--
Wm. Donald (Don) Tabor Jr., DDS
PP-ASEL
Old December 11th 03, 11:48 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Gig Giacona wrote:

Name one thing, of which, the planet has ever run out.

Cuban mahogany. We will never, ever see marketable trees of this again as long
as the world lasts.

The list of extinct animals is a lot longer and growing all the time.

George Patterson
Some people think they hear a call to the priesthood when what they really
hear is a tiny voice whispering "It's indoor work with no heavy lifting".
Old December 11th 03, 11:54 PM
G.R. Patterson III

ET wrote:

Uh, last I checked, tree's are a crop....

That's like saying "plants are a crop", and is just as inaccurate. Nobody on
Earth is planting black walnut or black cherry trees. I doubt there will ever
come a time when people in the U.S. are willing to plant a crop that can't be
harvested for 150 years or so. Even with the slash pine, which is grown as a
crop in the south, the stuff being harvested today is junk compared to what I
used to be able to buy as 2x4s 30 years ago. Cuban mahogany (the stuff that
Chippendale worked) is extinct as a lumber tree.

Old December 11th 03, 11:55 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Wdtabor wrote:

Uh huh, so you think they're going to deplete the rainforests making picture
frames.

The Indonesians are doing exactly that, and have been for at least 15 years.

Old December 12th 03, 02:01 AM
Carl Ellis

Statistics from the US government no less
http://www.fec.gov/pubrec/2000presgeresults.htm
Bush 47.87% (50,456,897) vs Gore 48.38% (50,999,897)

Doesn't look overwhelming to me.

You are misinterpretting the data that the map represents.

- Carl -

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
If you do a web search you'll see reports of between 200,000 to 500,000
popular votes favoring Gore and of course an argument of what that

really
means.

C'mon, the USA Today election map at
http://mwhodges.home.att.net/usmap-large.gif clearly shows that the

country
OVERWHELMINGLY supported Bush. The fact that the big cities happen to

have
more dead voters just graphically illustrates who is GETTING the tax

money,
versus who is PAYING it.
--
Jay Honeck