FS: Delcom AIR960 Handheld Radios

Old August 26th 20, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

Default FS: Delcom AIR960 Handheld Radios

Years ago my club used Delcom AIR960 handheld radios mounted in our instrument panels using an optional bracket and external power. They were less expensive than the alternatives and had the advantage (for a handheld) of top mounted frequency selection. In 2006 we removed them from service and I listed them for sale in RAS. They sold quickly.

Ever since then I receive several times a year an email from people looking for these same Delcom AIR960 handhelds - usually because they have one in their panel. I always refer them to eBay where I see them for sale from time to time. Log into eBay, up a "Delcom " search, and then click on "Save Search". Then you will get an email when/if any come up for sale (I used method this allot when trying to find items no longer for sale).

ANYWAY - today I saw that there is a collection of four (4) Delcom handhelds with accessories for sale on eBay. If you are one one of those that are interested then the group is $92 including shipping. Seems cheap but a gamble.

The description and a link to the sale is shown below.

"Delcom Air 960 Lot of 4 Aircraft Radios. Condition is Used. Thank you for looking at these radios. The one in the box seems to have very little use. None have been tested in actual use. The one in the box has the charger, battery and antenna. The battery will hold some charge but will need to be replaced or rebuilt. The other three radios will come on if you wiggle the battery. The volume on one of them is very weak. Two other batteries are included that do not hold a charge but possibly can be rebuilt. Also included is a AA battery pack that was purchased from Aircraft Spruce a couple years ago. This is an older lot of radios and is sold as is. Please ask any questions you may have."

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Delcom-Air-...AOSwoJJfRQp v