Interesting Departure Procedu MRB Trixy Two

Old February 17th 04, 01:39 PM

Richard Kaplan wrote:

wrote in message ...

What I said is if you get to 1,300 in less than 2.6 miles,
which is presumably before you pass through the radial, you then turn left

as
necessary from runway heading to intercept the radial.

But a left turn shortly after departing will not intercept the radial.

If you're flying a P51, and cross the end of the runway at 1,800, you still have
to turn left to intercept that radial. Where you begin the turn requires use of
skill and common sense; i.e. you start the turn to roll out on the radial
proceeding towards the VOR. That is a left turn, no matter how you slice it.

Old February 17th 04, 01:40 PM

Robert Henry wrote:

"Stuart King" wrote in message
. com...
OK....Soo...

Who do we tell our opinion to ?

We should be able to have it reviewed or something right ? Then if "they"
feel they can do better, then "they" will design a better DP, right ?

The address and toll-free number are listed on the INOP Components
page/inside cover of any volume of the NACO US Terminal Procedures.

You're wasting your time calling them. The procedure "belongs" to the FAA
regional flight procedures office. That is under Aviation System Standards.

Old February 17th 04, 06:24 PM
Richard Kaplan

wrote in message ...
You're wasting your time calling them. The procedure "belongs" to the FAA
regional flight procedures office. That is under Aviation System

Standards.

I emailed NACO at the address given on their website for chart errors. I
got a polite call today explaining that NACO is responsible for the graphica
and the FAA is responsible for the text and procedure design. In this case,
the graphical layout is the principal error, and I am told that the graphic
will be fixed and the new version will appear in the April approach books.

That is as straightforward as one can expect for updating an procedure like
this... chalk one up for the FAA.

---------------------------
Richard Kaplan, CFII

www.flyimc.com

Old February 18th 04, 01:34 AM
John Clonts

wrote in message ...

What I said is if you get to 1,300 in less than 2.6 miles,
which is presumably before you pass through the radial, you then turn

left
as
necessary from runway heading to intercept the radial.

But a left turn shortly after departing will not intercept the radial.

I think if you read Sammy's statement above "... you then turn left WHEN
necessary from runway heading ...", you get his meaning better...

Richard, BTW, great article in the AOPA Mag!

Cheers,
John Clonts
Temple, Texas
N7NZ

Old February 18th 04, 06:13 PM
Ken Goldstein

I agree. Richard was a bit chunkier than I'd imagined (why are
doctor's always chunky? LOL) but Julie Boatman did a great job writing
the article.

Ken

Old February 18th 04, 11:42 PM
Richard Kaplan

"John Clonts" wrote in message

I think if you read Sammy's statement above "... you then turn left WHEN
necessary from runway heading ...", you get his meaning better...

Yes, that makes sense. Thanks.

Richard, BTW, great article in the AOPA Mag!

Thanks.

Richard Kaplan, CFII

www.flyimc.com