Skunk Works!?!

Old May 5th 04, 04:31 PM
Richard Lamb

Default Skunk Works!?!

Any suggestions on how to keep skunks out of the hanger???

Richard
Old May 5th 04, 04:47 PM
Al Gerharter

Mothballs, they don't like the smell. Roll them into a corner, or throw them
under the
foundation. Al

Old May 5th 04, 04:49 PM
John Ammeter

On Wed, 05 May 2004 15:31:58 GMT, Richard Lamb
wrote:

Any suggestions on how to keep skunks out of the hanger???

Richard

Hide the beer...

John
Old May 5th 04, 06:55 PM
nafod40

Richard Lamb wrote:
Any suggestions on how to keep skunks out of the hanger???

I'd suggest throwing a few pounds of stinky lukefisk in there, but then
you'd never get rid of the Norwegians...

Old May 5th 04, 09:00 PM
Veeduber

Any suggestions on how to keep skunks out of the hanger???

Pretty near hopeless. They're dumber than chickens.

I've tried the moth balls and ****ing on the path they usually follow but the
only thing that actually worked was blocking their access. They don't like to
climb (at least, not the two varieties we have here in San Diego county
[stripped & spotted]). Anothing about knee high, even a sheet of plastic or
piece of cardboard, seems to discourage them.

-R.S.Hoover

PS -- the moth balls seem to be effectice against possoms.
Old May 5th 04, 10:46 PM
larsen-tools

Good idea.
Where exactly is that hanger???

Old May 6th 04, 01:56 AM
JJS

We were talking about getting rid of skunks while at work a few weeks
ago and an acquaintance said he and his dad stumbled on to something
that was working. They raise quail and skunks were getting into the
pens and giving them fits. They'd been using live traps baited with
sardines to capture and remove the critters. One day they run out of
sardines and Dad is sent to the local grocery to pick up more. The
grocery store was out of them too. Dad grabs the closest thing he can
think if on a whim and shows back up at the farm with a can of salmon
patties. My acquaintance teased him to no end, but they thought "what
the hell"! They bait the trap with it and shortly thereafter find a
skunk inside that is already dead. They find other skunks nearby in
the following days that had grabbed the bait and escaped the trap
without tripping the door closed. Dead as a door nail! He wasn't
sure what was happening. I surmised that possibly the bones in the
patties were lodging in some vulnerable skunk organ or something.
Either that or he's pulling my leg sumpin' fierce and I'm just dumb
enough to pass this on. If you try it and it works I'd like some
feedback. Hell even if it doesn't work I'd like some feedback. At
least that way I'll know I've been had and I got you guys too!

Joe Schneider
8437R

Old May 6th 04, 03:26 AM
Daniel

Richard Lamb wrote ...
Any suggestions on how to keep skunks out of the hanger???

..22 works just fine (from a distance)

Daniel
Old May 6th 04, 05:41 AM
richard riley

wrote:

:
:Any suggestions on how to keep skunks out of the hanger???
:
:
:Richard

This is a complete guess.

Last year I had deer coming out of the hills and eating my roses. I
couldn't legally kill them - and with the neighbors so close, the only
way I could have safely killed them was with poison, and then the meat
would have been worthless, etc. I tried cayenne pepper, mint,
mothballs. "Deer repellant" seemed to attract them.

Finally I flashed on the idea of getting something that they'd be
afraid of. The local zoo has tigers, I have a contact that raises
money for them - a few handfulls of straw soaked with tiger ****
spread around and they haven't been back.

Maybe that would work with skunks. Or wolf ****.