Mountain training

Old February 7th 04, 12:40 AM
Viperdoc

Default Mountain training

Any recommendations for mountain training in either Santa Fe or Colorado
Springs? I'm planning a vacation trip out there and would like to get some
training in at the same time.

Thanks.

Old February 7th 04, 01:22 AM
Ron Lee

http://coloradopilotsassociation.org/

I took the ground school and flight with them last year and they were
great.

Ron Lee

Old February 7th 04, 04:44 AM
Blanche

Unfortunately the CPA mountain class is only offered Spring and Summer
(when that danged Density Altitude really gets ya!) But there are
a number of CPA instructors on this list (Jer? Mark? Where are you?)
who I'm sure would be delighted to spend time with you.

Old February 7th 04, 10:01 PM

Blanche wrote:
Unfortunately the CPA mountain class is only offered Spring and Summer
(when that danged Density Altitude really gets ya!) But there are
a number of CPA instructors on this list (Jer? Mark? Where are you?)
who I'm sure would be delighted to spend time with you.

Jer/ Eberhard here. I am at 3V5, Fort Collins Downtown Airport.
I teach both the groundschool and flight portions of the CPA course.
The groundschool is given in May and August, and even if you come
and fly, I recommend you back it up with the formal groundschool.

I would be delighted to spend time with you, at your pleasure.
Please look over my web site for Mountain Flying (below), and
contact me via email or cell. I will look forward to hearing
from you.

Best regards,

Jer/ Eberhard, Chief Flight Instructor
--
Poudre Aviation, 2200 Airway Ave, Ft Collins, CO, 80524, USA
CELL/VM: 970 231-6325, EMAIL: jer'at'frii.com
Old February 9th 04, 03:41 AM

David Martin :
Jer, I was looking at your webpage. The hourly rate on your
instructors is a bargain, even if you doubled the rate!!

Actually, the software and money management was having a problem
mixing money between the airplane rental business, and the independent
contractor flight instructors... so, we implemented a temporary
solution until we can figure it out. In the mean time, all the
independent contractor flight instructors do their own billing and
collections.

Your airplane rental rates are fair enough. But I couldn't find
anything specific to mountain flying instruction ?

Hum... Please see if one or both of these URLs work for you.
If it is not working, please let me know and I'll get it fixed!:

http://users.frii.com/jer/
http://www.frii.net/~jer

Yup... I see where the PA site is not specific about how we
get to Mountain Flying Instruction. I will take an action
item to fix that. Thank you for pointing that out!

Jer/

[...]

Mountain Home, Ar.
(to respond, get rid of the NOT)

Best regards,

Jer/ "Flight instruction and mountain flying are my vocation!" Eberhard

--
Jer/ (Slash) Eberhard, Mountain Flying Aviation, LTD, Ft Collins, CO
CELL 970 231-6325 EMAIL jer'at'frii.com WEB http://www.frii.net/~jer