Homebuilding Killed Walter Bussey

Old August 8th 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Homebuilding Killed Walter Bussey

I just read in the newspaper that Walter Bussey was killed in a
homebuilt airplane? That got me thinking to look for a NG that might
be dedicated to this activity, and I found this one.

This is all new to me, quite honestly, and disturbing. People are
building airplanes at home and then flying them? This is endangering
people on the ground and in the air flying in real airplanes.

I guess the good thing from Mr. Bussey's death is that the public at
large knows about this practice, and maybe can do something about it
to make our skyways a safer place.

Old August 8th 06, 02:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Steve Foley[_1_]

WOW! This is incredible. Someone else had the EXACT (word-for-word - except
for names) same thoughts when they read about John Denver and John Walton

ups.com...

Old August 8th 06, 02:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Steve Foley" said:
wrote in message
oups.com...
I just read in the newspaper that Walter Bussey was killed in a
homebuilt airplane? That got me thinking to look for a NG that might
be dedicated to this activity, and I found this one.

WOW! This is incredible. Someone else had the EXACT (word-for-word - except
for names) same thoughts when they read about John Denver and John Walton

I thought you must be exaggerating. So I looked it up:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...e457d800d050f7
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...b4080bb204173f

Amazing. And what a coincidence: all three were posted by people who've
never posted to any newsgroup before or after.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
with their street address, or should I wait for a second offence?
Old August 8th 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_3_]

On the troll-'O-meter, from 1 to 10, that gets a negative 1
--
Jim in NC
Old August 8th 06, 03:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601XL Builder

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
In a previous article, "Steve Foley" said:
wrote in message
roups.com...
I just read in the newspaper that Walter Bussey was killed in a
homebuilt airplane? That got me thinking to look for a NG that might
be dedicated to this activity, and I found this one.

WOW! This is incredible. Someone else had the EXACT (word-for-word -
except
for names) same thoughts when they read about John Denver and John Walton

I thought you must be exaggerating. So I looked it up:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...e457d800d050f7
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...b4080bb204173f

Amazing. And what a coincidence: all three were posted by people who've
never posted to any newsgroup before or after.

An they do it once a year.

Old August 8th 06, 03:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Don W

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message

In a previous article, "Steve Foley" said:

wrote in message
groups.com...

I just read in the newspaper that Walter Bussey was killed in a
homebuilt airplane? That got me thinking to look for a NG that might
be dedicated to this activity, and I found this one.

WOW! This is incredible. Someone else had the EXACT (word-for-word -
except
for names) same thoughts when they read about John Denver and John Walton

I thought you must be exaggerating. So I looked it up:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...e457d800d050f7
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...b4080bb204173f

Amazing. And what a coincidence: all three were posted by people who've
never posted to any newsgroup before or after.

An they do it once a year.

Yeah, and they haven't even thought about how many
people die in nursing homes and hospitals. Those
damn places ought to be outlawed...They're
downright unhealthy.

Don W.

Old August 8th 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

"Don W" wrote in message
m...

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message

In a previous article, "Steve Foley" said:

wrote in message
groups.com...

[...]

George Washington said it best: "Hospitals are the sinks of human life."

s.o.s., different day.
Peter

Old August 8th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Montblack[_1_]

("Don W" wrote)
Yeah, and they haven't even thought about how many people die in nursing
homes and hospitals. Those damn places ought to be outlawed...They're
downright unhealthy.

Recent events suggest - much like airplanes - when they lose power, things
get ...interesting.

Montblack