Focke Wulf, Falcon Wing???

Old January 11th 04, 02:01 PM
James Dandy

Chad Irby wrote in message ...
In article ,
machf wrote:

http://www.antaresmodels.com:90/luft46.asp

Lots of weird stuff there... take a look at the "Fw 190 V19 Special" and the
"Me 262 W1". But the weirdest (IMO) is that "Fw 190 Jet"... Where the hell is
the exhaust supposed to be?
I think these guys are taking the Luft '46 thing too far...

Annular exhaust.

http://www.antaresmodels.com:90/verReview.asp?id_review=687659093

Thanks to everyone who has tried to explain things here. I got a lot
of e-mails too which makes me feel better.

However, my irritating co-worker just laughed and made fun of me for
going to a group online for help. The guy thinks he knows everything
about aircraft since he builds huge radio models that fly!

The other day the guy told Billy that the word "dude" actually is a
combination of "duds" plus "attitude". Where does he come up with this
****?

So anyhow I asked him about some of the other German planes spoken of
here and the guy tells everyone at work that I'm a dummy.

What can I say that will make him look bad? He knows about the German
jets and supposedly everything about World War II. Yet he wasn't even
in the war.

I'd like to shove my foot up his ass but I confess that I need to
brush up on aviation before making any moves.

Billy led me to this group. Please help.

James Dandy
Old January 11th 04, 05:29 PM
Krztalizer

Something doesn't look quite right about this photo - my first though was
"This looks like a fake photo with a scale model!" (mainly because of the
non-flattened tyres). And in fact, here's the model:

http://www.geocities.com/uni1ua/bigph/fwturbo1.jpg

A nightfighter, with rockets. Riiiiiiight. Lets see, release distance, 800 m.
or so; the pilot would in and out of the cockpit trying to get the distance
right, just so he could blind himself by have two rockets ignite and power
away, with their exhausts pointed at his face.

There is a reason that, British wartime rumors not withstanding, LW
nightfighters shake their heads and roll their eyes when someone says to them,
"But we know they shot rockets at us at night! We saw the Me. 110 do it!"
Riiiight.

v/r
Gordon
USN SAR

Donate your memories - write a note on the back and send your old photos to a
reputable museum, don't take them with you when you're gone.