Russian NAVY detected foreign subs near Kamchatka

Old August 27th 03, 04:57 AM
The Enlightenment

(Michael Petukhov) wrote in message . com...
http://gazeta.ru/lenta.shtml?274014#274014 (in russian)

Aug 25, 7:40

commander-in-chief of Russian NAVY admiral Kuroedov told
press that forces of russian pacific ocean fleet have
detected in Saturday and also today foreign submarines
in the area near Kamchatka where large scale manoeuvres of our
fleet are carried out. "We are fully in control of this
situation and prepared to interact with our foreign
"observers" in this way as well. Perhaps those subs
came instead of observers who were invited but did not
came from some countries", he said //Interfax

Yesterday there were news reports that two Tu-160s arrived
to Vladivostok to carry out missions in "long distant ocean
zone". Tu-160s never operated in Pacific Ocean area.

Michael

I'm told that the Russians had a huge Joke with an american nuclear
sub after exercises in Australias North recently. After the exercises
the Americans were relaxing on their "steel beach" (Mouring the
submarine in such level that it forms a recreational beach.)

A Russian "observer" sub that the Americans knew was there suddenly
sufaced at high speed for 20 seconds and its bow wave washed the USN
sailors into the water.

I'm sure there was payback.
Old August 27th 03, 02:35 PM
Michael Petukhov

(The Enlightenment) wrote in message om...
[...]

Sounds like a joke.

Michael
Old August 27th 03, 06:15 PM
Jack Linthicum

(Michael Petukhov) wrote in message m...
[...]

Question: did the Russians get their much-valued suntime in before
they did the super belly flop? My experience with our semi-trusted
neighbors to the North is that they truly love their rays.
Old August 27th 03, 05:08 PM
D. Scott Ferrin

On 26 Aug 2003 20:57:31 -0700, (The
Enlightenment) wrote:

[...]

You gotta admit though that is pretty funny :-)
Old August 27th 03, 06:28 PM
Gordon

I'm told that the Russians had a huge Joke with an american nuclear
sub after exercises in Australias North recently.

cite? I'd love to hear how this occurred, name of subs involved, etc. - what
did the fCommie sub do, broach alongside the US boat? Swift. Sounds like the
"two Sov... errr Russian bombers "surprised" the Connie, making terrified
sailors run in all directions" bull**** story from last year.