Any good fly ins comming up in Virginia?

Old June 23rd 05, 10:36 PM
STEVEN SIMPSON

Default Any good fly ins comming up in Virginia?

Just woundering if any one new of any thing special this summer?My
girlfriends son is begging me to fly him to one.
Thanx

Old June 23rd 05, 10:42 PM
W P Dixon

9th Annual Virginia State EAA Fly-In ~ Sept 17-18 ~ Petersburg, VA

Not really summer, but remembered it from EAA newsletter.

EAA 1135 Young Eagles Rally ~ July 16 ~ Greenville ~ Rain date July 23

If you feel like coming to Tennessee..Greenville is just alittle west of TRI

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

Old June 24th 05, 03:29 AM
john smith

W P Dixon wrote:
If you feel like coming to Tennessee..Greenville is just alittle west of
TRI

Don't you mean south?

Old June 24th 05, 03:48 AM
STEVEN SIMPSON

My girl friend is in Chatanooga,So not a prob.

Old June 24th 05, 03:51 AM
W P Dixon

Well ,
I presumed since it was in our local newsletter it takes place in
Greenville, TN which is oh about 40 miles west of Johnson City, TN.
Greenville, SC would most definitely be south though! I do believe the TN
one is the one that will have the gathering.
But then again there is a Greenville , NC which would actually be east!
Oh heck just go any direction you want from TRI and sooner or later you will
run across Greenville , SOMEWHERE !

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

Old June 24th 05, 01:01 PM
Ronald Gardner

The airport at Petersburg usually has a fly in! I think it is in July.

Ron

Old June 24th 05, 02:21 PM
JohnH

Ronald Gardner wrote:
The airport at Petersburg usually has a fly in! I think it is in
July.

The airport is now called "Dinwiddie" - apparently Petersburg (KPTB) was too
obvious.

The fly-in will be in october.

http://www.vaeaa.org/

Old June 25th 05, 12:25 PM
Helen Woods

There's one down at PVG today. Not sure if its going on tommorow or not.

Helen
Old June 25th 05, 04:18 PM
STEVEN SIMPSON

Thanks all