A Laser Phalanx?

Old September 15th 07, 03:41 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
William Black[_1_]

Default A Laser Phalanx?

"Vince" wrote in message
William Black wrote:
"Vince" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
Lasers weren't developed with any particular purpose in mind, let
alone a military one, but the people who developed them mainly saw a
use for them in experimental physics for use in spectroscopy and
interferometry.

Cheers,
Ralph- Hide quoted text -
Yes they were. Siemens and I.G.Farben worked on medical lasers and
beam weaponry during World War II, for those specific purposes.
source on lasers in germany in WWII?

Look Vince the text is so obviously the work of a deranged mind that it's
not even worth querying.

Watson-Watt rejected the 'death ray' idea in about 1934, interestingly
after rumours of a German device...

Nobody even built a Maser until after 1950, never mind a laser.

Forget it, it's just more Internet conspiracy rubbish.

I fully agree. My Father in law was student of Lamb's at Columbia and
knew Gould and all the other laser pioneers.(Gould was a student of Kusch
who shared the 1955 Nobel prize with Lamb) Ed actually took the first
photograph made with a laser

I was just assuming it was a mistranslation of the source

This is the Internet.

Never assume it's a simple mistake if there's the possibility of lunacy...

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old September 15th 07, 04:31 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Andrew Chaplin

"William Black" wrote in message

"Vince" wrote in message
William Black wrote:
"Vince" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
[...]

Ockham's eclectic razor?
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Old September 15th 07, 04:56 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Dan[_2_]

La N wrote:
"Dan" wrote in message
La N wrote:
"Dan" wrote in message
Greg Hennessy wrote:
On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 05:29:48 -0700, wrote:

Lasers weren't developed with any particular purpose in mind, let
alone a military one, but the people who developed them mainly saw a
use for them in experimental physics for use in spectroscopy and
interferometry.

Cheers,
Ralph- Hide quoted text -
Yes they were. Siemens and I.G.Farben worked on medical lasers and
beam weaponry during World War II, for those specific purposes.

[snip utter ********]

Ardnut is off his pills again.......
It's the hormone therapy in preparation for his sex change.

Hmmm ... I have a couple friends who have worked for Siemens in recent
years. I wonder if they have access to sooper seekrit documents ....
hmmm .... It can't be all about making cancer radiation treatment
machines .... the plot thickens ...

- nilita (if nothing else, Usenet is a great source of conspiracy
theories ...

I have finalized my Unified Conspiracy Theory. It seems everyone in the
world is part of the conspiracy except me and they are all out to get me.

I think that's pretty obvious to everybody but you, Dan!

- nilita

See? I knew it.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old September 15th 07, 04:57 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval

On Sep 15, 9:17 am, Vince wrote:
wrote:
Lasers weren't developed with any particular purpose in mind, let
alone a military one, but the people who developed them mainly saw a
use for them in experimental physics for use in spectroscopy and
interferometry.

Cheers,
Ralph- Hide quoted text -

Yes they were. Siemens and I.G.Farben worked on medical lasers and
beam weaponry during World War II, for those specific purposes.

source on lasers in germany in WWII?

The lasers that they worked on in WWII were not the
optical and fiber lasers used today. They were just modifed
X-ray equipment.

Since the lasers used today assume you know
something about digital computers and Turing machines,
rather than military morons.

Vince

Old September 15th 07, 05:14 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
Dan[_2_]

wrote:
snip

Since the lasers used today assume you know
something about digital computers and Turing machines,
rather than military morons.

Translation please?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old September 15th 07, 05:16 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval
William Black[_1_]

"Andrew Chaplin" wrote in message
"William Black" wrote in message

"Vince" wrote in message
William Black wrote:
"Vince" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
[...]

Ockham's laser?

More like 'the back of Ockham's knife'...

--
William Black

Time for tea.