How can I download my current PowerFlarm configuratoin?

Old May 7th 15, 11:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default How can I download my current PowerFlarm configuratoin?

Just purchased a new to me glider that has PowerFlarm installed. I'm updating the panel and may need to make some Flarm configuration changes to make things work. However, I also want to be sure I don't break other things that are already configured and working well. So, I want to see exactly how my Flarm is currently configured so I'll have the working baseline.

How can I get a download of all the current configuration parameters?

Robert
Old May 8th 15, 04:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

It seems that many people have a fear of configuring or making changes to the configuration file of their PowerFlarm systems.
There is not really a good reason for that fear.
The Flarm configuration tool works pretty well.
(http://flarm.com/support/tools-softw...guration-tool/)
On my webpages, you can also find more details about the different parameters and the options.
(https://sites.google.com/site/threeu...f-brick-config)

Robert.
To answer your question: There is no way to directly download the configuration parameters.
The previous owner might have configured the box to output a system log file (not a IGC log file).
Assuming that you have a PF Core, put an empty USB stick in the slot and power up. Then take the USB stick out and see what other files than IGC files are on the stick.
There might be files like PFC00204.TXT and/or FLARMDEV.CSV.
When you go through these files, you can find a lot of the parameters.

If the above mentioned files are not there, you can re-configure the core to output a debug log file by loading new configuration commands.
But in my opinion, instead of doing the above or instead of changing single parameters, you might just as well learn to understand all of the configuration parameters/commands and upload a fresh, completely reviewed, proper configuration file.
It is really no rocket science, pretty straight forward.
As said above, you can use the generator tool to create the complete configuration file.
Nowadays the first command that the generator includes, is to reset all parameters to default values.

Before getting started, there are a few pieces of info you need to collect:
- the ICAO HEX code for your ship ( from the FAA N-number database)
- your type of transponder. (none, ModeC or ModeS)
- The baud rate of the equipment that you connect to the PF Core data ports
e.g. a Butterfly Display is on port1, 19.2kBaud with Protocol 6.
a flight computer is on port2, 19.2kBaud with GPS and Flarm data.

Make sure that you only have the new configuration file in the root directory of your USB stick. IGC files in the root directory are tolerated.
If you intend to do a PF Core or Butterfly Display FirmWare update, you may have those files in the root directory too (and follow the proper procedures for that).
Don't forget to remove all these update files when you are done, to avoid re-loading stuff at your next power-up.

Hope that helps.
3U
Old May 8th 15, 02:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, May 7, 2015 at 10:50:33 PM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

If you are using a FlarmView from LXNav as a display, you can use it to check and edit all your config parameters directly and easily. However, I agree with 3U that making a new config file is the best way to do this.
Old May 8th 15, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

You can see your configuration in your .igc file after you download it; it is between your C records (the declaration) and the beginning of your B records (the position/time/altitude records); near the top of the file.

Here's what is between them for mine:
LFLA15114007FRW 6.02
LFLA151140 STEALTH OFF
LFLA151140ID 1 C081B6
LFLA151140OB
LFLA15114007OBSTEXP
LFLA15114007DEVNO FLAPFC10A-000169
LFLA15114007BUILD 7592
LFLA15114007RANGE 20000
LFLA15114007ACFT 1
LFLA15114007FREQ 101
LFLA15114007CFLAGS 00
LFLA15114007RFTX 1
LFLA15114007MISC 00
LFLA15114007LOGINT 2
LFLA15114007NMEAOUT1 61
LFLA15114007BAUD1 2
LFLA15114007NMEAOUT2 61
LFLA15114007BAUD2 2
LFLA15114007PCASPFLAU1 0
LFLA15114007PCASPFLAU2 0
LFLA15114007XPDR 0
LFLA15114007PCASRANGE 7500
LFLA15114007PCASVRANGE 300
LFLA15114007ADSBRANGE 10000
LFLA15114007ADSBVRANGE 1500
LFLA15114007PCASCALIBRATION 30
LFLA15114007MODESALT 1
LFLA15114007MODEC 1
LFLA15114007PCASBEEP 1
LFLA15114007CAL57DBM 441
LFLA15114007CAP OBST;RFB;TIS;IGC;ENL;AZN;DLED;USBH;DP2;XPDR
LFLA15114007LIC AUD:0;ENL:0;AZN:0;IGC:1;RFB:1;TIS:1

Old May 8th 15, 05:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Great info from all, I'm sure this will get me on the correct track - thank you.

Robert

PowerFLARM USB 3 cables and ConnectMe to PowerFLARM through V7 Tim Taylor Soaring 20 June 17th 13 05:56 PM
Measured current draw, PowerFlarm Brick Evan Ludeman[_4_] Soaring 4 July 16th 12 12:03 AM
PowerFLARM Brick and PowerFLARM Remote Display Manuals Available Paul Remde Soaring 30 May 25th 12 11:58 PM
Download Thijs Wolters Simulators 26 June 24th 04 03:36 PM
302 log download Andy Durbin Soaring 5 June 16th 04 04:22 AM