Last Chance -- Free Beer in Iowa on Sunday!

Old July 26th 03, 11:13 PM
Montblack

Ok, is shack = Shaq? and a slam dunk?

I'm still not getting it either?

--
Montblack

(Bob Noel wrote)
shack

I'm sorry, I don't understand this.

I think he's agreeing with you.

"bingo!" would have clearer.

Old July 26th 03, 11:14 PM
Bob Noel

In article , "Montblack"
wrote:

Ok, is shack = Shaq? and a slam dunk?

I'm still not getting it either?

I've been working with USAF people too much.

shack sometimes means direct hit.

--
Bob Noel
Old July 27th 03, 05:26 AM
Larry Dighera

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 17:18:05 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote in Message-Id:
hJyUa.151232$N7.20976@sccrnsc03:

this is childish. and you know it.
He has his point. Maybe valid to a certain degree and in the light of your
new security, freedom and your old "I sue you for that I have not thought
about the consequences".

Yes, it is. And IMHO it highlights Larry's suffocating paranoia better than
if I had blasted back with what I really WANTED to say to people like him.

Instead, why don't you think about the questions I posed in my
articles, perhaps run them by your family for an opinion, and respond
to those POINTS, instead of refocusing the issue on the type of people
you imagine my views represent?

My objection isn't about stifling you in any way, other than when your
behavior could potentially impact the hard earned image of
responsibility airmen must necessarily garner to navigate this
nation's skies.

Larry has no points to make, valid or otherwise.

I'm sorry you missed the point. I can attempt to make it more
explicit for you if you would like.

I don't know where he lives, but the America I choose to live in has NOT
degenerated to the point where I can no longer throw a party for you guys,
for fear of reprisals.

When you calm down enough to find the point, you'll see that your fear
of reprisal for the reason you state is unfounded.

It's just, that feel compelled (by a sense of aero-dignity) to express
my indignation at the _facts_ of your ill conceived marketing effort
in this forum, and the negative light it publicly casts on GA pilots
in this country.

What one does in private is his business, unless it impacts the rights
of others. Public behavior is subject to public scrutiny, because it
necessarily impacts the public.

Publicly inviting en route pilots to consume alcohol could easily be
spun by the unscrupulous news media into something that would reflect
badly on our fellow airmen. I'm sure that wasn't your intent, but ...

In my opinion, your licentious marketing campaign undermines the
public trust granted airmen by those over whom they navigate. Or it
sure wouldn't be difficult to spin it that way.

This is the article to which I'm referring:

From: "Jay Honeck"
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.piloting
Subject: Oshkosh Bound? Free Beer in Iowa!
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 14:13:08 GMT

Yes, for those pilots who are hot, tired, thirsty, and en route to
Oshkosh on Sunday, July 27th, Mary and I are holding our First
Annual Fly-In Pool Party at the Alexis Park Inn & Suites in Iowa
City, IA.!

Plug in "IOW" on your GPS, and high-tail it on in -- your flight
into OSH on Monday will be that much shorter (we're just 80
minutes from OSH in our Pathfinder), you'll arrived [sic] more
refreshed -- and, besides, where the heck ELSE are you gonna get
free beer en route to the Big Show, anyway?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

--

Irrational beliefs ultimately lead to irrational acts.
-- Larry Dighera,
Old July 27th 03, 05:44 AM
StellaStar

What would you do if you became aware that one of the airmen who
imbibed your free beer, departed before 8 hours had elapsed, and
subsequently generated an NTSB report?

Reckon Jay'd scratch his head and wonder why someone who'd done all the work to
become a pilot would commit such egregious foolishness. You really are a
****head, Larry.
Old July 27th 03, 06:28 AM
john smith

Martin Hotze wrote:
I am in search for such _cheap_ good webcams (like Axis) with ethernet. But
the are average going $300 to $400 ... can you point me to a good seller?

Look at www.apple.com and follow the links to the iSight camera and
software. I am wondering if this would serve the purpose?
Old July 27th 03, 06:32 AM
john smith

Larry Dighera wrote:
I don't want to be a "wet blanket," but *publicly* providing liquor to
pilots seems foolish to me.

Darn lawyers. One cannot even have a friendly party anymore.
If the Wright Brother's had consulted an attorney when they first
thought about building an airplane, they would have gotten out of the
bicycle business, too. (More people die in bicycle accidents than
aircraft accidents.)
Old July 27th 03, 06:32 AM
Montblack

(StellaStar wrote)
Reckon Jay'd scratch his head and wonder why someone who'd done all the

work to
become a pilot would commit such egregious foolishness.

I snipped the rest G. Poor Larry. He's had a bad few days

I'm still running with Larry on this one :-)

People, put down the complimentary chips and back away from the free dip, Do
you want to lose your medicals? Heart attack in-flight?

McDonald's can weather the Big Fat legal storm (for now), can Jay? I don't
think so.

[One Scenario]
NTSB investigators have released preliminary findings: Possible in-flight
heart burn may have caused the pilot to run out of fuel, stall, spin, and
crash ...during the thunderstorm. Other contributing factors: greasy food
stains were found on the yoke, the radio and the door handles. No nacho
chips could be found at the crash scene.

The first post crash lawsuit has already been filed in Iowa District Court,
naming: The Alexis Park Inn, Weber Grill Company, Lloyd's Barbecue sauce,
and Frito-Lay as ....

(This stuff writes itself)

--
Montblack

Old July 27th 03, 06:36 AM
Greg Burkhart

Who says they don't publish partys? Found this in the Notams:

!FDC 3/5802 ZAU IN.. FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS GARY/CHICAGO AIRPORT,
GARY, IN.
DUE TO THE AIRPORT HANGAR PARTY NIGHT AIR SHOW,
EFFECTIVE:
0307182200 UTC UNTIL 0307190400 UTC (JULY 18, 1700 UNTIL 2300
LOCAL)...

What's a Night Air show? Showing off the B-1??? ;-)

I didn't see a Notam for IOW for Sunday's party...

Old July 27th 03, 07:12 AM
Grumman-581

"john smith" wrote ...
I thought it was no smoking within eight hours of flying and
no drinking within 100 feet of the airplane.

Hmmm... If that was the case, then nearly everyone in the North 40 last year
violated the second part of that rule... grin

Old July 27th 03, 07:13 AM
Grumman-581

"Jay Honeck" wrote ...
While we are within walking distance, just have the line guys at IOW give

us
a call. We'll come getcha!

Can't taxi up to the hotel?