pilot augers into Columbia and swims away...

Old October 31st 07, 12:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Default pilot augers into Columbia and swims away...

"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk at wow way d0t com wrote in
news:Ceednd1r1tyZM7ranZ2dnUVZ_rignZ2d@wideopenwest .com:

.
"James Sleeman" wrote in message
ups.com...
A few days ago on a TV news bulletin here there was a report of a
Cessna 152 which crashed - all four passengers escaped unharmed. They
must have been really friendly passengers.

I've seen five people get out of a Luscombe...

--

A Model 8?

Bertie
Old October 31st 07, 03:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
karl gruber[_1_]

Maybe a Sedan.

"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk at wow way d0t com wrote in message
news:Ceednd1r1tyZM7ranZ2dnUVZ_rignZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
.
"James Sleeman" wrote in message
ups.com...
A few days ago on a TV news bulletin here there was a report of a
Cessna 152 which crashed - all four passengers escaped unharmed. They
must have been really friendly passengers.

I've seen five people get out of a Luscombe...

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com
When immigration is outlawed, only outlaws will immigrate

Old November 1st 07, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

Nope. Five people in a two seat Model 8 - it was like watching the clowns
get out of one of those little cars at the circus..

--
Geoff

Old November 1st 07, 10:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Jim Stewart wrote:
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe wrote:
Nope. Five people in a two seat Model 8 - it was like watching the
clowns get out of one of those little cars at the circus..

It also reminds me of a discussion about
how many Vietnamese could fit in a Huey...

And the answer is?

Old November 2nd 07, 12:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Stewart

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
Jim Stewart wrote:
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe wrote:
Nope. Five people in a two seat Model 8 - it was like watching the
clowns get out of one of those little cars at the circus..

It also reminds me of a discussion about
how many Vietnamese could fit in a Huey...

And the answer is?

I can't remember specifically, but it had
to do with whether they were happy or not...
Old November 2nd 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
M.W. Barrow

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote in message
Jim Stewart wrote:
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe wrote:
Nope. Five people in a two seat Model 8 - it was like watching the
clowns get out of one of those little cars at the circus..

It also reminds me of a discussion about
how many Vietnamese could fit in a Huey...

And the answer is?

Take a look at that picture of a Huey on the roof of the US embassy in
Saigon in April, '75 for the answer.

Old November 2nd 07, 01:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"M.W. Barrow" wrote

And the answer is?

Take a look at that picture of a Huey on the roof of the US embassy in
Saigon in April, '75 for the answer.

Except that the famous picture was not the actual embassy, but a nearby
roof.

Minor details, though. Everyone knew exactly what you meant.

To fit any more in, they would have to be ridding in the ash tray.
--
Jim in NC