Transponder reminder: 1202, do NOT ident unless requested by ATC

Old February 7th 12, 10:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default Transponder reminder: 1202, do NOT ident unless requested by ATC

Reminders from the SSF/SSA safety briefing at Reno:

(1) The 1202 transponder code for gliders is effective
nationwide this week. Do contact your local ATC and
make sure they are expecting this...

(2) Do NOT press IDENT unless specifically requested
to do so by ATC.

Lets all be good neighbors out there,
Thanks,
Best Regards, Dave "YO electric"

Old February 8th 12, 06:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
zulu

On Feb 7, 8:47*pm, Uwe Kleinhempel wrote:
On Feb 7, 2:19*pm, Dave Nadler wrote:

Reminders from the SSF/SSA safety briefing at Reno:

(1) The 1202 transponder code for gliders is effective
nationwide this week. Do contact your local ATC and
make sure they are expecting this...

(2) Do NOT press IDENT unless specifically requested
to do so by ATC.

Lets all be good neighbors out there,
Thanks,
Best Regards, Dave "YO electric"- Hide quoted text -

Dave:

I went to the FAA web site to look for the new order which should be
JO 7110.66E, but found nothing but the old order (just subtract one
letter from the end of the one I've just mentioned.) One would think
that the Feds would have the current order posted along with the
effective date. On the other hand they may be waiting until Feb. 9 to
make it available on the internet to the un-washed masses.
I'll check again after that date.

Zulu
Old February 8th 12, 02:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Apologies, I'm repeating what was briefed,
but I did not get the relevant publication ID.
It would be great if anybody can find it...
Effective date is 9-February.
Thanks,
Best Regards, Dave
Old February 8th 12, 04:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

On Feb 8, 7:36*am, Dave Nadler wrote:
Apologies, I'm repeating what was briefed,
but I did not get the relevant publication ID.
It would be great if anybody can find it...
Effective date is 9-February.
Thanks,
Best Regards, Dave

We have received confirmation from Tucson TRACON to change our
dedicated glider transponder code from the present 0400 to the new
National 1202 on February 9th. Our President asked for this
confirmation from them, but they have obviously been informed.

Mike
Old February 8th 12, 06:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rick Fuller

I was shown a set of initial documentation changes back in May 2011. Don't
know if the final changes were similar. I'd be happy to send anyone a .pdf
copy of those changes. Email me at rick dot fuller at cox dot net for a
copy.

Rick "CL"

Old February 9th 12, 12:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T[_2_]

On Feb 8, 10:33*am, Rick Fuller
wrote:
I was shown a set of initial documentation changes back in May 2011. *Don't
know if the final changes were similar. *I'd be happy to send anyone a ..pdf
copy of those changes. *Email me at rick dot fuller at cox dot net for a
copy.

Rick "CL"

Dave:

I went to the FAA web site to look for the new order which should be
JO 7110.66E, but found nothing but the old order (just subtract one
letter from the end of the one I've just mentioned.) *One would think
that the Feds would have the current order posted along with the
effective date. *On the other hand they may be waiting until Feb. 9 to
make it available on the internet to the un-washed masses.
I'll check again after that date.

Zulu- Hide quoted text -

On 2 Feb 2012, Notice JO7110.577 was signed out by the FAA informing
all ATC facilities to monitor the 1202 Glider Code, effective on 7
March 2012.

I could only find 7110.66D which lists the 1201 code for gliders.
There is an internal FAA Change Notice Document dated May 2011 to
change AIM, FARs and 7110.65 plus other FAA Documnets to the 1202
code, effective 9 Feb 2012.

Old February 9th 12, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Thanks - Does this mean that the effective date
is really 7-March (and not 9-February as briefed) ?
Thanks,
Best Regards, Dave
Old February 9th 12, 01:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dixie Sierra

On Feb 8, 8:11*pm, Dave Nadler wrote:
Thanks - Does this mean that the effective date
is really 7-March (and not 9-February as briefed) ?
Thanks,
Best Regards, Dave

I contacted ATCT in my local area and they told me 3/7.

who knows?.. all politics is local and I guess squawk codes are too
Old February 9th 12, 01:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Feb 8, 6:11*pm, Dave Nadler wrote:
Thanks - Does this mean that the effective date
is really 7-March (and not 9-February as briefed) ?
Thanks,
Best Regards, Dave

http://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/m.../N7110.577.pdf

New Transponder Code (1202) for Gliders (Effective Feb 9, 2012) CLewis95 Soaring 14 May 25th 11 11:09 PM
New Transponder Code (1202) for Gliders (Effective Feb 9, 2012) 5Z Soaring 2 May 25th 11 11:02 PM
Stuck ident Bob Noel[_6_] Owning 4 September 14th 09 03:41 AM
New Airport Ident (and I don't believe it) Montblack Piloting 0 April 13th 06 02:19 AM
Transponder Information Requested JohnD Soaring 1 January 6th 04 07:34 PM