Soaring Seminar - March 19th - ChicagoLand Glider Council

Old December 22nd 04, 05:52 PM
ContestID67

Default Soaring Seminar - March 19th - ChicagoLand Glider Council

To All SSA Soaring Pilots,

The ChicagoLand Glider Council is sponsoring a full day spring soaring
and safety seminar open to all soaring pilots on Saturday, March 19th,
2005. Safety, medicine, racing, competition, gear, gliders and gab
will be on the agenda.

The ChicagoLand Glider Council is a non-profit organization which was
formed in 1937 and has a long history of dedication to the advancement
and safety of soaring flight. The council has over 200 members from
various soaring clubs in the Chicago area.

The cost of this event is being partially underwritten by the
ChicagoLand Glider Council and is being keep as reasonably priced as
possible to allow as many pilots to attend. Cost of the seminar will
be $25 for ChicagoLand Glider Council members and $40 for non-members.
Cost includes materials, breakfast buffet, break refreshments and a
luncheon. Non-member cost will include all the above PLUS a one year
membership in the ChicagoLand Glider Council (which entitles you to
attend Council functions and receive our newsletter). An optional
social dinner event is being planed.

The location of the seminar is Elgin, Illinois (northwest of Chicago)
at the Business Conference Center of Elgin Community College's
impressive and modern Seigle Auditorium.

Confirmed Speaker List
======================
Dennis Wright - Soaring Society of America Executive Director
Jim Short - Past Soaring Society of America President
George Thelen - Soaring magazine's "Safety Corner" columnist
Dr Dan Johnson - Two time past SSA convention speaker on aviation
medicine
John Cochrane - 2004 Sport Class National Champion
Herb Kilian - 2004 Region Seven 15 Meter Class Champion
John DeRosa - ChicagoLand Glider Council President

This will prove to be an exciting and interesting event for all soaring
pilots. Be sure to sign up soon!! Registration deadline is March 5th,
2004.

See http://chicagolandglidercouncil.com for full details and
registration information along with maps and hotel packages in the
area.
See You Then,
John DeRosa
President - ChicagoLand Glider Council

Old December 25th 04, 03:38 AM
ContestID67

Please send comments and questions to
.

Old January 1st 05, 11:44 PM
ContestID67

It appears that the first email address I added is too long and is
being truncated (at least in my browser). To be on the safe side,
please use the following email address for any comments and questions
you might have;

(clgcseminar at yahoo.com)
..

See you at the Seminar,
John DeRosa, President CLGC

Old January 6th 05, 11:27 PM
ContestID67

Hmmm. That email address was truncated too. I'm not too quick but I
think that all email addresses are truncated. That is good and bad.
Oh well. So try "clgcseminar @yahoo.com" and take out the extra space.

Old January 6th 05, 11:28 PM
ContestID67

Hmmm. That email address was truncated too. I'm not too quick but I
think that all email addresses are truncated. That is good and bad.
Oh well. So try "clgcseminar @yahoo.com" and take out the extra
space.

Also I have been told by our good friend Dr Dan that he is a FIVE TIME
(or is it six) speaker at the SSA conventions. Wow.