details on ridge soaring crashes yesterday (Sunday)?

Old May 11th 10, 02:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank[_12_]

Default details on ridge soaring crashes yesterday (Sunday)?

John Lubon (JL) was telling me that there was a glider that crashed on
the main ridge near Altoona. II heard that the pilot was carrying a
SPOT device, and may have activated the 911 function. Anyone have any
additional information on this?

TIA,

TA
Old May 11th 10, 03:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Mowry

http://www.wrta.com/page.php?page_id=53519
Old May 11th 10, 03:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Arnold[_3_]

On 5/10/2010 7:08 PM, Bob Mowry wrote:
http://www.wrta.com/page.php?page_id=53519

Sinking Valley -- now there is an appropriate name.
Old May 11th 10, 12:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom[_9_]

Later today, I will have a report of this remarkable soaring day in my
newsletter. Several of you have dropped off the newsletter list due to
internet problems on our end.
To sign up, please go to www.eglider.org and click on link on right
side of the home page.

Tom Knauff

Old May 11th 10, 02:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Boggs

I can't get your link above to work Tom, but my link in my favorites
still gets me to your site. Maybe this one will work here?

http://www.eglider.org/

Boggs

Old May 11th 10, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom[_12_]

Sorry, the last letter in the address is a G, as in "organization."

www.eglider.org

Tom
Old May 11th 10, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
laura betzoldt

On May 11, 1:06*pm, Tom wrote:
Sorry, the last letter in the address is a G, as in "organization."

www.eglider.org

Tom

I think it's the / that you have to add to your address to make it
work. / /
Old May 11th 10, 08:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On May 11, 10:15*am, Laura betzoldt wrote:
On May 11, 1:06*pm, Tom wrote:

Sorry, the last letter in the address is a G, as in "organization."

www.eglider.org

Tom

I think it's the */ that you have to add to your address to make it
work. */ */

No, the trailing slash is irrelevant.

As posted here before. For people reading on Google groups with its
broken redirect you have to include the http:// prefix.

http://www.eglider.com will work when read on Google Groups

www.eglider.com will not work when read on Google Groups

But then its an IQ test, you can always just type such a short URL
into the browser address bar.

Darryl
Old May 11th 10, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On May 11, 1:06*pm, Tom wrote:

Sorry, the last letter in the address is a G, as in "organization."

www.eglider.org

Tom

I think it's the */ that you have to add to your address to make it
work. */ */

No, the trailing slash is irrelevant.

As posted here before. For people reading on Google groups with its
broken redirect you have to include the http:// prefix.

http://www.eglider.comwill work when read on Google Groups

www.eglider.comwill not work when read on Google Groups

But then its an IQ test, you can always just type such a short URL
into the browser address bar.

Darryl

Well had I typed carefully,... the example should have been

http://www.eglider.org --- will work when read on Google Groups

www.eglider.org --- will not work when read on Google
Groups

Darryl