Legality of owning ex-military intercontinental aircraft.

Old September 1st 03, 10:40 PM

"John Fitzpatrick" wrote:
I still have my old P38 can opener (anybody else still have
theirs?).

No, but I had a Walther P-38 for a couple of years once!...

--

-Gord.
Old August 25th 03, 09:08 PM
John S. Shinal

(BUFDRVR) wrote:

The Yankee Air Force advertises their B-52 as the only privately
owned B-52 in the world. On the tour, they told me that it is not
part of the Air Force Museum program, and that it took some special
accreditidation for them to be able to obtain it.

Hmm, I'd be curious to know how they got such special accreditation. One thing
is the same though, that aircraft is available to be inspected under START II,
privately owned or not.

I *suppose* you could demil the thing by filling the bomb bay
with concrete (or actually, styrofoam peanuts - much harder to
remove), in such a way as to prevent it from ever carrying ordnance.
Ditto the pylon mounts, welded over/shut. Perhaps also hocusing the
fuel system in some way to prevent long range or air refueling.

Old August 25th 03, 10:18 PM
Steve

In article ,
B2431 wrote:
-
- Pershing? laugh We've got our own freakin' Titan II sitting beside the
- road, protected by a three' fence at Gillespie Field. You don't see urban
- communities encroaching on THAT airfield!
-
-Ha! A Titan? So what. Cheyenne's got Minutemen and a Peacekeeper guarding
-their space. Titans, what a crock, those things blow up if ya drop a wrench
-on'em. Get a real missile.
-
-:-)
-
-My ICBM is bigger than your ICBM?
-
-Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

It's all fun and games until someone gets vaporized.

Steve
Old August 26th 03, 01:22 AM
B2431

B2431 wrote:
-
- Pershing? laugh We've got our own freakin' Titan II sitting beside
the
- road, protected by a three' fence at Gillespie Field. You don't see
urban
- communities encroaching on THAT airfield!
-
-Ha! A Titan? So what. Cheyenne's got Minutemen and a Peacekeeper guarding
-their space. Titans, what a crock, those things blow up if ya drop a wrench

-on'em. Get a real missile.
-
-:-)
-
-My ICBM is bigger than your ICBM?
-
-Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

It's all fun and games until someone gets vaporized.

Steve

So Mommy was correct that one shouldn't run in the house with thermonuclear
devices?

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired
Old August 26th 03, 11:17 PM
BUFDRVR

Except the frickin BUFF of course. It'll still be flying.

Until it _finally_ retires, and the crew ride home from the boneyard in
a C-130

Except it'll be a J model which is a C-130 in name and general appearence alone

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old August 27th 03, 09:05 PM
PirateJohn

Some southerners seem to have trouble grasping this fine point, but the
Yankees won the war.

Maybe. The Yankees got Newark. We got Miami Beach.

You decide

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

Keeper of the Humour List at
http://members.aol.com/PirateJohn/pirate1.html

"Mother, mother ocean... I have heard your call" - Jimmy Buffett, A Pirate
Looks At Forty.

Old August 27th 03, 09:30 PM
B2431

Some southerners seem to have trouble grasping this fine point, but the
Yankees won the war.

Maybe. The Yankees got Newark. We got Miami Beach.

You decide

Hey, there's nothing wrong with Newark a few thermonuclear devices wouldn't
cure.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old August 27th 03, 09:58 PM
OXMORON1

Pirate John wrote in reply to:
Some southerners seem to have trouble grasping this fine point, but the
Yankees won the war.

The following
Maybe. The Yankees got Newark. We got Miami Beach.

Big deal, the beer trucks in both places have tailgunners.

Rick

Old August 28th 03, 01:59 AM
Thomas Schoene

"PirateJohn" wrote in message

Some southerners seem to have trouble grasping this fine point, but
the Yankees won the war.

Maybe. The Yankees got Newark. We got Miami Beach.

You decide

Check the population sometime. Lots of retired Yankees down there as an
occupation force. :-)

"If brave men and women never died, there would be nothing
special about bravery." -- Andy Rooney (attributed)

Old September 3rd 03, 12:12 AM
Pete

"PirateJohn" wrote in message
Some southerners seem to have trouble grasping this fine point, but the
Yankees won the war.

Maybe. The Yankees got Newark. We got Miami Beach.

You decide

You seem to be giving a lot of it away to the Cubans, though.

Pete