Sailplane with Hawk/Eagle Photos Wanted

Old January 2nd 05, 01:55 PM
Ken Kochanski (KK)

Default Sailplane with Hawk/Eagle Photos Wanted

Anybody have photos of a sailplane in flight with hawks or eagles. The
size deltas are pretty extreme and I suspect a good/great photo may be
hard to come by ...

I have been inspired by some of the RAS content and am sprucing up the
SRA site ... feel free to contribute photos, article, ideas ... thanks

http://sailplane-racing.org/

Old January 4th 05, 08:22 PM
For Example John Smith

How about a buzzard? Here's a picture I took:
http://www.scoh.org/images/buzzard.jpg

oups.com...

Old January 5th 05, 01:38 AM
Ken Kochanski (KK)

Hmmmm ... I don't know ... I think I'm pushing my luck calling both
eagles and hawks 'raptors' ... I think the bird guys would call me on
this one ... nice picture though ... what were you flying? Have any
pictures of sailplanes/contests/etc?

Old January 5th 05, 04:09 AM
Wayne Paul

Raptor is defined as follows:

A bird that hunts and eats meat; also known as bird of prey. Raptors use
their talons to catch their food and their strong, curved beaks for tearing
food into bite-sized pieces. Falcons, hawks, eagles, and owls are raptors.

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/

ups.com...

Old January 5th 05, 06:56 PM
For Example John Smith

I was flying a PW5, trying to stay well above the fields infested w/randy
bovines.
I've got some grid shots of contests--one a Lubbock a few years back is
pretty impressive with about 80 ships lined up and ready to go.
No shots w/both birds & sailplanes

Old January 5th 05, 08:54 PM
Bruno

Here's one of a hawk circling a ridge with a bull elk hiding in the
bushes below taken in Utah
last year.
http://phoebus.vassel.com/site_page_...ow_page_2.html

Old January 14th 05, 07:02 PM
tugtramp

Go look at Neils pix
www.whiteplanes.com

go to showcase, go to Pyreenean birds.
All these raptor shot are air-to-air, Neil might have other pix with
both aircraft and bird in the frame (which I guess is what you want).
Mail him with a request, if he has anything I'm sure he'd be happy to
do business.
Ken

--
tugtramp
- A website for Australian Pilots regardless of when, why, or what they fly -