Compaq Aero OS updates

Old August 23rd 07, 02:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kloudy via AviationKB.com

Default Compaq Aero OS updates

I'm having a problem updating my Aero 1520 to Windows CE 3.0 for use with
PocketNav/GlideNav.
It has v 2.11 installed and I can't find where or how to get CE 3.0.

Any help?

Old August 23rd 07, 02:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

That is a good question. I remember that an upgrade was available from
Compaq, but I think it was something you had to purchase.

Glide Navigator II will run fine on the unit with Win CE 2.11 so there is no
real need to upgrade. The software will not run any faster with CE 3.0.
The only advantage I can think of is that CE 3.0 is easier to use -
especially the File Explorer.

Be sure to download and use the right version of GN II.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

Old August 23rd 07, 03:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

On Aug 22, 7:32 pm, "Kloudy via AviationKB.com" u33403@uwe wrote:
It has v 2.11 installed and I can't find where or how to get CE 3.0.

The upgrade consists of replacing the memory chip installed in the
unit. It's not really a software upgrade, but a hardware upgrade.

Best bet is to find a broken 1550 and salvage the chip from it. Keep
an eye on E-Bay for broken 1550's or perhaps even functional ones.
Last I heard, they could be had for $30 - $50 or so.

I accidentally ran over my 1550 last year (except for the smashed
screen, it appears intact!) and got a 1530, then did the chip swap to
upgrade it to a 1550.

-Tom

Old August 23rd 07, 05:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Aug 22, 9:27 pm, 5Z wrote:
On Aug 22, 7:32 pm, "Kloudy via AviationKB.com" u33403@uwe wrote:

It has v 2.11 installed and I can't find where or how to get CE 3.0.

The upgrade consists of replacing the memory chip installed in the
unit. It's not really a software upgrade, but a hardware upgrade.

Best bet is to find a broken 1550 and salvage the chip from it. Keep
an eye on E-Bay for broken 1550's or perhaps even functional ones.
Last I heard, they could be had for $30 - $50 or so.

I accidentally ran over my 1550 last year (except for the smashed
screen, it appears intact!) and got a 1530, then did the chip swap to
upgrade it to a 1550.

-Tom

I got a 1550 that's broken, however; the memory chip is fine. If you
want, just e-mail me your adresss...

Compaq aero question quietman Soaring 3 January 25th 06 03:47 PM
GN II & Compaq Aero 1530 Udo Rumpf Soaring 1 March 23rd 05 06:10 AM
Compaq Aero 15XX? sk6f3 Soaring 0 October 9th 04 06:40 PM
WTB: Compaq Aero 1530 SNOOP Soaring 5 March 10th 04 12:36 AM
WTB: Used Compaq Aero 1520 - U.S. Gary Emerson Soaring 3 November 17th 03 08:38 PM