new interior on the cherokee six

Old February 24th 06, 03:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default new interior on the cherokee six

The first week in January, my partner & I took out 67 Cherokee Six 260
in for it's first interior update. We have owned the plane for almost
two years and the original interior, while in great shape for it's age
needed to be replaced.

While they were in there we opted for new seat belts, 1/4" solar gray
glass, and a PS Engineering six place intercom. The shop is
painting/replacing the plastic. They are going to "get the red out" for
us and we will have light gray leather with charcoal carpet.

They tell me the plane will be ready for us today after 3PM. It is a
beautiful day here in the western part of Virginia but I am stuck at
work today and the weekend weather is supposed to be crappy. I haven't
seen the plane or flown since Jan. 5th AND ITS KILLING ME!

If any in the group are lucky enough to get to fly around here and get
by KDKX in Knoxville Tn this weekend, check N3968W out and give me a
report if you get a chance. It's in Aircraft Technicians hangar in the
main building.

Stupid Work.........
Old February 24th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Robet Coffey wrote:
[...]

Don't feel bad, I haven't flown my Six since thanksgiving weekend thanks
to a bad cam on my 178 SMOH engine (it was a new cam). Between
diagnosing the problem, negotiating with the engine shop that did the
overhaul in summer 2003, and getting it repaired, it has taken this
long. I expect to get the engine back from the overhauler next week...
Old February 24th 06, 09:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Ray Andraka wrote:
Robet Coffey wrote:

[...]

Alright, I'll quit whining now.
Old February 24th 06, 09:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

While they were in there we opted for new seat belts, 1/4" solar gray
glass, and a PS Engineering six place intercom. The shop is
painting/replacing the plastic. They are going to "get the red out" for
us and we will have light gray leather with charcoal carpet.

That's a great color combination, and it's what we chose for our
Cherokee Pathfinder back in '02. See some pix he
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/new_interior.htm

Best part of leather: It doesn't show wear. Despite flying a couple of
times per week, and with two kids in the back, in all sorts of slush,
snow, and sand, the plane doesn't look any different after three years.
Charcoal carpet is great for that.

They tell me the plane will be ready for us today after 3PM. It is a
beautiful day here in the western part of Virginia but I am stuck at
work today and the weekend weather is supposed to be crappy. I haven't
seen the plane or flown since Jan. 5th AND ITS KILLING ME!

Get thee to the FBO, and go up with a CFI. You're going to either
forget how to fly or explode. (I can't go more than a week or two
before I start kicking the dog and generally making everyone around me
miserable...)

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 24th 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Jay Honeck wrote:
[...]

You plane looks like the color we picked out. (but have not seen on
yet.)I wish I had those high-back seats, nice!
Haven't seen the dog in days....left home i guess along with the
kids.I did lock the guns up so I wouldn't start shooting holes in the
ceiling. If it weren't for home brew I'd be barking at cars by now.
Old February 25th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Robet Coffey" wrote:

The first week in January, my partner & I took out 67 Cherokee Six 260
in for it's first interior update. We have owned the plane for almost
two years and the original interior, while in great shape for it's age
needed to be replaced.

What shop are you using?

Old February 26th 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Dan Luke wrote:
"Robet Coffey" wrote:

The first week in January, my partner & I took out 67 Cherokee Six 260
in for it's first interior update. We have owned the plane for almost
two years and the original interior, while in great shape for it's age
needed to be replaced.

What shop are you using?

Aircraft Technicians at the Downtown Island.