Registration open for SGP USA 2016 (July 24-31 2016)

Old September 30th 15, 03:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Default Registration open for SGP USA 2016 (July 24-31 2016)

Today is the LAST DAY for North American pilots (USA, Canada) to register for the 2016 SGP USA. We are already over-booked (15 max) but remember, SSA ranking governs the entry priority. We are also overbooked with top international pilots!

If you have a good SSA ranking and you want to fly, you still can, but only if you register tonight before 10 pm (email time stamp).

The official registration form is available at at http://www.sgp.aero/usa2016/event-in...ontestID=15898

Sean
7T
Old April 1st 16, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean[_2_]

Subject: Late Registration Window thru April 21, 2016

All,

FAI Sailplane Grand Prix USA (July 25-31, 2016, Ionia, MI) has 3 pilot openings remaining of the 20 total competitors allowed per FAI SGP rules (17 are officially registered and committed). The competitors who have officially registered are quite impressive! Of course, the top two placing pilots will head to South Africa in November 2016 for the FAI Sailplane Grand Prix World Championships (www.sgp.aero).

With that, a second, late registration period has been opened for 3 weeks (thru April 21). If interested, email me at smfidlerATgmail dot COM questions with questions or to begin the registration process.

After April 21 SGP USA registration will be officially closed. Don't miss your chance to be a part of this great event.

Click the link below to see our current list of officially registered SGP USA pilots and for more SGP USA event details: www.sgp.aero/usa2016

We are still looking for volunteers (easy, fun stuff) in certain areas. Contact me ASAP if you're interested in helping us out. Spectators are welcomed during the event. Grand Rapids, MI airport (Delta, American, etc.) is only 30 minutes away from Ionia. We will have a large hospitality tent, live commentators and all kinds of entertainment planned for our spectators, media attendees and sponsor VIPs.

For example, we will have 3 ArcusM/ASG32's on site for 2 weeks (week before and during) providing daily media and sponsor soaring experiences. We also plan on having at least several media and sponsor VIPs flying an entire racing task along with the 15m SGP USA competition pilots during actual SAILPLANE RACES!

More soon...

Sincerely,

Sean Fidler
SGP USA Event Principle
Old May 22nd 16, 02:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean[_2_]

The first ever FAI SGP USA 2016 is currently at 15 registered pilots. We are allowed a maximum of 20. Up to 5 pilots can still register (open to 15m class gliders (flapped or standard))! Don't miss your chance to participate!

Here is a great video on the 2015 Sailplane Grand Prix World Championships: https://youtu.be/t9bdZCvkRuc

The SGP USA competition dates are July 25-31 with practice the week before. Camping, motor home 30 amp hook ups and affordable hotels are all arranged..

Sailplane Grand Prix is, simply put, pure and simple sailplane racing. SGP competition features a regatta start, assigned tasks and a finish line (500 ft AGL for SGP USA). The first glider across the finish line (that has achieved all the assigned turn-points and minimum finish altitude) wins the day. Furthermore, SGP scoring is refreshingly simple. 10 points for first place, 9 for second and so on. No more complex scoring formulas, minimum time considerations or distance calculations! No more waiting around the scorers table for hours to see how you finished or who won! SGP is our only opportunity for simple, pure, TRUE sailplane racing.

Imagine that during the race, a glider ahead of you is actually ahead of you! Imagine that if you pass that glider, it actually matters! No more wondering if that glider started early and you have caught them or they started late and have actually caught you! No more guessing about when to turn in a vast assigned turn area to meet minimum time! SGP is a great opportunity for an amazing sailplane racing experience here in the USA. Finally, SGP is a qualification event for the FAI SGP World Championships. The top top 2 pilots from the SGP USA competition will qualify to compete at the FAI Sailplane Grand Prix World Championships to be held in South Africa in November 2016!

To register for SGP USA or for more info check it out he www.sgp.aero/usa2016

Registration fee: $400 USD

Additional questions or to volunteer: please email me at smfidler AT gmail PERIOD com.

Sincerely,

Sean Fidler
SGP event organizer