Treasure Coast Soaring Club Update

Old December 6th 17, 11:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Treasure Coast Soaring Club Update

TCSC held its first annual meeting last Saturday the 2nd of December at the club hangar located in Vero Beach, Florida. Our year old club has 58 members and we are growing beyond our projections. Our new BOD was elected and club duties were discussed and accepted by members.
We plan to buy our first glider within weeks, probably will be a two place primary trainer for use as a teaching tool for add on ratings and new glider pilot prospects. We continue to grow and our CFIG numbers are expanding with the addition of four CFIG new members during 2017.
At the time when soaring is suffering from limited activity and locations we seem to be doing very good. We have big plan for the future and our club is committed to growth and community support. The word is getting out about soaring on the Treasure Coast, just this past weekend we were visited by a nice lady and her husband who are glider pilots. The lady informed us that she was the first female glider pilot to ever fly in Vero Beach.
Also, the two solar power plants are now finished which includes 800 acres of solar panes and recent week of flights certainly prove well for thermals over the solar farms. The door is always open for guest and anyone just wanting to take a look at our new glider club operation. Bob Youngblood, TCSC

Old December 6th 17, 04:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 8:18:43 AM UTC-7, Tom BravoMike wrote:
www.SoarVero.com not working? The link on your FB site is still pointing there. The website closed down? That would be a pity as I resist opening a Facebook account.

soarvero.org appears to be hosted, but no content. As it was just registered in October, it's probably the one to watch. Soarvero.com and soarvero.us are registered, but parked. Winter's their busy season, so it may be a while.
Old December 6th 17, 05:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew

The domains are secured and a new website is being created. Stay tuned...

Paul A.
TCSC Vero Beach