1979 Tiger for Sale

Old August 25th 03, 12:41 AM
Satellite

Sure - go 20kts faster for 20 years older you idiot.
And buy a new engine.
I checked the Tiger prices - they are for sale - not sold

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

"Satellite" wrote:
in message om...
Sorry for my comment, but can't hold back:
How do you come up with a ridiculous price like that.
Your plane is an old pile of junk.

Compare it to a 1997 to 1999 Cessna 172!
They are available from $75000 and up...
Look for yourself www.aso.com
And you get recent avionics, lower time,
nice paint, nice interior, lower insurance,
ad a new engine and you are set...
Your plane... $76000...Ha, what a joke...

Look at the engine hours, numb nuts. Also, Flynn's airplane is at
least 20 knots faster and has an autopilot. Check the Grumman Tiger
prices in ASO, while ypu're blundering around in there.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old August 25th 03, 12:44 AM
Satellite

I don't get into an older than 20 year plane!
And what are you telling me here?
Are you trying to do some loops and steep turns?
Any plane racing in your future?
Handling better - for what?
Newer is better - PERIOD.

"Peter Gottlieb" wrote in message
.net...
Fly a Tiger and then come back and tell me it handles like a Cessna.

"Satellite" wrote in message
om...
Sorry for my comment, but can't hold back:
How do you come up with a ridiculous price like that.
Your plane is an old pile of junk.

Compare it to a 1997 to 1999 Cessna 172!
They are available from $75000 and up...
Look for yourself www.aso.com
And you get recent avionics, lower time,
nice paint, nice interior, lower insurance,
ad a new engine and you are set...
Your plane... $76000...Ha, what a joke...

"Flynn" wrote in message
Well I've taken the new plane plunge and put a deposit down on a new

SR22
for delivery in late Sept. My wife says I can't have 2 airplanes so

the
Tiger's for sale.

Latest info is at
http://www.ipilot.com/classifieds/ad...&cid=-1&fuid=0
I'm going to take some new pic's today and post them there. Contact

info
if
interested is also at the above site.

Patrick Flynn
Sammamish, WA
79 Tiger N4543A KRNT

Old August 25th 03, 12:47 AM
Dan Luke

"Satellite" wrote:
I don't get into an older than 20 year plane!

Somehow I doubt you've spent much time in light aircraft of any age.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old August 25th 03, 01:26 AM
Satellite

I don't think that's the issue here. (PPL - 110h) Why are you trying to
discredit me anyways? Running out of arguments?

If you buy the Tiger you will have to update the avionics sooner or later -
this will cost you incl. install about $20000 to $25000 - If you buy a used
C172 (newer model) like 1997 or newer with a runout engine, you spend about
$21000 for a new engine. So essentially for the same price in the end you
will have an airplane that was build 20 years later. Not to mention the
paint, the interior, the glass etc.

If you are really smart and want to save some money and get more speed,
consider spending rather $40000 on an STC for an engine conversion to the
Centurion 1.7 engine. Then you can burn jet fuel in a C172 at a rate of
4.6gal/h at 110 kts. Now that's efficient. And because it's a turbo
normalized diesel engine running on jet fuel you will have full power - even
up to 12000 feet.

http://www.centurion-engines.com/c17/c17_perform.htm

And don't talk to me like I am an idiot, I was an aircraft mechanic and
helicopter mechanic in the German Army - I did my research. I will buy a
used C172 after I get my IFR. I will buy one with a runout engine and
convert to the mentioned jet diesel. The conversion comes with everything
firewall forward. So for about $110000 I can go 110 kts and use only about
4.5 gal of jet fuel. You buy what you like, but I recommend to take a piece
of paper and calculate the "total cost" of flying. I will still fly when you
run out of credit cards at the FBO to gas up.

Old August 25th 03, 02:35 AM
Peter Gottlieb

Newer is not necessarily better.

As far as handling goes, I am fully convinced the rapid roll rate of the
Grumman saved my butt one day last summer at an uncontrolled field in an
"encounter" with a very aerobatic NORDO Pitts in a very very unstandard
pattern.

m...

Old August 25th 03, 03:21 AM
Dan Luke

"Satellite" wrote:
I don't think that's the issue here. (PPL - 110h) Why are you

trying to
discredit me anyways?

You did that yourself when you failed to notice that Flynn's Tiger has
a fairly fresh engine whereas the Cessnas you were touting were all
near or past TBO. You also said you wouldn't fly in anything older
than 20 years, a silly prejudice.

Running out of arguments?

You also disregarded the fact that the Tiger has an autopilot worth
several thousand dollars.

If you buy the Tiger you will have to update the avionics sooner or

later -
this will cost you incl. install about $20000 to $25000 -

They've already been upgraded and will be ok for as long as the
Cessnas' will.

And don't talk to me like I am an idiot,

Don't pop up in this newsgroup calling another poster's airplane a
joke without knowing what you're talking about - someone might think
you're an idiot.

I was an aircraft mechanic and
helicopter mechanic in the German Army - I did my research.

Then how come you didn't know the going price for a nice '79 Tiger?

If you want to by a runout Skyhawk and turn it into a diesel science
project, fine, please tell us all about it. But Flynn will probably
get what he's asking for the Tiger, and whoever buys it will pass you
on the airway.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old August 25th 03, 03:24 AM
Jay Honeck

I fly in Florida...

Well, no wonder! :-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 25th 03, 04:41 AM
Flynn

Wow! While I was out flying down to MMV at 139KTAS (7500' @ 30.03 and 51F)
a troll wandered by.....

"Nathan Young" wrote in message
om...
"Satellite" wrote in message

. com...
Sorry for my comment, but can't hold back:
How do you come up with a ridiculous price like that.
Your plane is an old pile of junk.

Compare it to a 1997 to 1999 Cessna 172!
They are available from $75000 and up...

That's a bold statement. The Cessna's you posted had runout engines,
and cruise 15 kts slower than the Tiger.

-Nathan