Selling on Ebay

Old May 27th 04, 05:06 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Selling on Ebay

I've bought a lot of stuff on Ebay, but I've never sold before -- until now.

After a friend received over $200 for his BROKEN transponder (he was bluntly
honest in the ad, saying it was basically a "box of parts"), I decided to
try selling the wind-up clock I just removed from my panel.

It's not particularly hard getting set up on Ebay (although they did lose
all my information 75% of the way through the set-up, because of
"maintenance") to sell, and -- with six hours to go -- my clock has been bid
up to $61!

This for something that I surely would have stuck in a box and forgotten
about, or perhaps thrown away.

Ebay rocks. I've got a whole box of parts, ranging from antennas to
transponders -- and it's ALL going!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 27th 04, 05:14 PM
Jay Honeck

There goes all the neat decor at the "Inn", :-)

Heyyyy... :-)

Nah, most of it's been donated by guests and enthusiasts. Some of it would
fetch a pretty penny on Ebay, I'm sure -- but we're pretty attached to the
stuff...

(And it's pretty attached to us. To prevent theft, I've used some unique
attachment methods -- some of it may prove impossible to remove!)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 27th 04, 05:18 PM
Jim Burns

I'm really a little worried that if Jay get's caught up in this Ebay selling
kick, that Mary and the kids might be next!
Jim

Old May 27th 04, 05:26 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Jim Burns wrote:

I'm really a little worried that if Jay get's caught up in this Ebay selling
kick, that Mary and the kids might be next!

Ever read "The Kidnapping of Red Chief"? Jay would go bankrupt. :-)

George Patterson
None of us is as dumb as all of us.
Old May 27th 04, 05:30 PM
Jim Burns

Hmm... and I've never thought about what a great selling point to fellow
pilots a woman that is already rated might be!
Jim

Old May 27th 04, 08:11 PM
Jack Allison

Ebay rocks. I've got a whole box of parts, ranging from antennas to
transponders -- and it's ALL going!

Yes, it does Jay...I've had several occasions where I've bought a batch of
pilot supplies because I wanted one or two items, then turned around and
sold the rest of the stuff.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old May 27th 04, 09:02 PM
Ben Smith

When we bought our plane, we also took over the guys hangar lease. He left
behind a bunch of junk, plus a Narco Nav-121 that he didn't want anymore.
We sold it as-is and got about $250, iirc..

--
Ben
C-172 - N13258 @ 87Y

Old May 27th 04, 09:27 PM
Rosspilot

Ever read "The Kidnapping of Red Chief"? Jay would go bankrupt. :-)

George, George . . . it's "The RANSOM of Red Chief" . . . by O Henry.
(I just had to do that, sorry)

www.Rosspilot.com