A Killer Bonanza

Old January 16th 04, 04:20 AM
Orval Fairbairn

Default A Killer Bonanza

A friend sent me this website, showing a KILLER Bonanza!

http://1000aircraftphotos.com/Contributions/1953.htm
Old January 16th 04, 04:30 AM
Jay Honeck

Now THAT is cool.

Atlas needs guns.

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 16th 04, 04:33 AM
R.Hubbell

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 04:20:44 GMT Orval Fairbairn wrote:

A friend sent me this website, showing a KILLER Bonanza!

http://1000aircraftphotos.com/Contributions/1953.htm

Don't forget the killer Cessna:

http://1000aircraftphotos.com/Contri...drop/1312L.jpg

R. Hubbell
Old January 16th 04, 12:40 PM
Jay Honeck

Don't forget the killer Cessna:

I think John Galban has a picture of a Cherokee Six prototype with guns
and/or bombs.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 16th 04, 02:25 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, Orval Fairbairn said:
A friend sent me this website, showing a KILLER Bonanza!

http://1000aircraftphotos.com/Contributions/1953.htm

"The guns were fired by solenoids which were activated by a PTT button on
^^^
the control column."

When Browning talks, everybody listens.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Here at WeSellCellPhones, I was pleased to hear that they believe in
Old January 16th 04, 05:39 PM
Paul Sengupta

Hmm, what's all the fuss? All this stuff was factory optional on mine.

http://www.warbirdalley.com/bulldog.htm
Look under Specifications: Armament.

The guys who imported some of them from Africa had to take
the pylons off to make them CAA legal. The Swedes converted
a squadron into tankbusters.

Paul

news ...

Old January 16th 04, 06:58 PM
John Galban

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:iZQNb.79228$I06.340708@attbi_s01...
Don't forget the killer Cessna:

I think John Galban has a picture of a Cherokee Six prototype with guns
and/or bombs.

I don't have it online, but it's an interdiction version of the
Cherokee six with underwing bomb racks. It looks like two small bombs
(75 or 100 lb.?) per wing.

In one of my old aviation books I've got a pic of an Irish Air Force
C-172 with rocket pods mounted under each wing. I bet no one cuts
one of them off in the pattern!

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)
Old January 16th 04, 07:32 PM
DeltaDeltaDelta

we had something like that here in croatia during the war. you take a C188,
stick a soviet bombsight in it and mount a couple of bombs and rocket
projectiles to the wings...also a popular coversion, on a similar principle,
was the AT-403 (the radial-engined one) and strap a few home-made cluster
bombs to it. Also, you could find an UTVA-75, a yugoslav-made two seat
trainer with four, hand-held anti-tank launchers under the wings, strapped
by duct tape and fired from the cockpit by pulling a string or something
similar. also the copilot could drop grenades by hand from the cockpit (they
used to do that with 172s for a short while). I have a picture of it if
anyone's interested...

Triple Delta

"Paul Sengupta" wrote in message
Hmm, what's all the fuss? All this stuff was factory optional on mine.

http://www.warbirdalley.com/bulldog.htm
Look under Specifications: Armament.

The guys who imported some of them from Africa had to take
the pylons off to make them CAA legal. The Swedes converted
a squadron into tankbusters.

Paul

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message

news
..

Old January 16th 04, 07:38 PM
DeltaDeltaDelta

also they made, though not a "complete military conversion", an An-2 into a
bomber. the plane took aboard a couple of bombs, "boiler bombs" as they were
called. each of these was a old gas cylinder filled half with explosive,
half with metal debris, even forks and knives, anything that could act as
shrapnel. They they would stick some plastic or metal winglets and two
handles, since the crew had to take the bomb and throw it manually out of
the plane when they were near the target...