Fw: For Countering Widespread Ignorance about the National Guard

Old March 3rd 04, 04:30 AM
George Z. Bush

Default Fw: For Countering Widespread Ignorance about the National Guard

Somebody sent me the following posting that I did not see or get since
everything Art Kramr posts in RAM is filtered out of my computer. I normally
wouldn't bother responding, except that I'm afraid that some readers might
misinterpret my silence in a derogatory way as it pertains to me, and that would
be totally unacceptable. Anyway, you may find my comments following his:

From: "George Z. Bush" am
Date: 3/2/04 5:14 AM Pacific Standard Time
Ragnar wrote:
From: "Kevin Brooks"

Date: 3/1/04 7:52 PM Pacific Standard Time

You are so ****ing stupid and ignorant. YOu can't be drafted into Air
Crew or into the Air Cadet Corps. It is 100% a volunteer service, How
stupid can you be? Your ignorance is appalling.

Uhmm..you were the one who specifically stated you received your call-up
notice on your eighteenth birthday, and have at the same time repeatedly
claimed to have volunteered for service (not just for flight duty). So
what's the story (this time)? You got your notice and high tailed it to
the recruiting office in order to stay one-step ahead of serving in the
infantry, or what?

Brooks

Your lack of military experience is turning you into a bigger fool than
ever.. fool. You were obviously drafted since oyu never volunteered for
anything where you might get hurt. I guess you are the Ohio Coward. Right?

Art, why not just answer the question?

I can't (and won't) speak for Art, but thinking back to those days, a lot of
people did exactly that.
When their draft notices arrived in the mail, they made a beeline down to one
of
the recruiting stations and signed up for anything but the Army's infantry.
That's the way it worked, and nobody criticized it at the time. Personally,
never waited for the notice to arrive; it was going to inevitably anyhow. As
soon as I finished my junior year in college, I hightailed it down to the
recruiting office and signed up for the Aviation Cadet program.

George Z.

Because you hung back like a coward doesn't mean we all did. And when you
volunteered for the AAC did thay take you on spot or did they call you when
they were ready for you?

Arthur Kramer

I hung back like a coward? Not that it's any of your ****ing business, Kramr,
but cowardice and bravery had nothing to do with what I did or when I did it.
Don't look down your nose at me, Kramr, you didn't volunteer for the ****ing
infantry or Marine Corps either.

Again, not that it's any of your ****ing business, but when I went down to sign
up, I was told where and when to report to be sworn in, which as I recall was
supposed to be a day or two later. After I showed up and was sworn in, I was
told to go home and wait until I received notification of where and when to
report for entry on active duty, which is exactly what I and everybody else who
enlisted at that time was told to do.

Now, I went through and successfully completed pilot training, which is more
than your sorry ass was capable of doing. I transitioned into whatever piece of
equipment they wanted me to, I flew wherever and whenever I was told to, and I
did it while our country was engaged in three ****ing wars, which is probably
one or two more than you have under your belt. I ended up with a Command Pilot
rating and about 4,000 hours of flying time in my log book, which is one helluva
a pile more than you have.

Let's face it, Kramr. You were a wannabe pilot who couldn't hack it and
accepted bombardier training rather than going into the infantry like other
brave men did when they couldn't get what they wanted. You don't have any right
to sit in judgment of me or of my courage or lack of it, because you don't know
me and don't know anything about me other than what I choose to tell you. Maybe
you think you're hot **** because you know how to write war stories, most of
which are probably figments of your imagination, but as far as I am concerned,
the only **** you are is the kind I scrape off the bottom of my shoes before
coming into my home.

Now, do everybody a favor and go back on your medications. They might help you
stay lucid for the time you have left and stop offending just about everybody
you come into contact with.

While I'm at it, I need to apologize to all of the RAM members for exercising my
right to defend myself against that kind of unwarranted slander. I know you
guys wouldn't take that kind of abuse lying down, and I couldn't either.

George Z.

PS - I know you spell your name with an "e", Kramr, but I deliberately left it
out to annoy you.

Old March 3rd 04, 05:08 AM
ArtKramr

From: "George Z. Bush"
am
Date: 3/2/04 5:14 AM Pacific Standard Time
Ragnar wrote:
From: "Kevin Brooks"

Date: 3/1/04 7:52 PM Pacific Standard Time

[...]

George I apologize, I was hot under the collar caused by other flaming messages
and I blurted out that unsult for which I am truly sorry. I know you were
never a coward. And I am ashamed of myself for saying so. Please understand
that often my temper (not caused by you) gets the best of me, and I regret
these poorly considered utterences as soon as they are uttered.

Sincerely,

Arthur

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS