GA Aircraft list

Old August 18th 05, 07:08 PM
Ghazan Haider

Default GA Aircraft list

I have been looking for a grand list of all available (running) GA
aircraft, whether or not theyre still being manufactured. Apart from
the yahoo group:
http://dir.yahoo.com/Business_and_Ec...Manufacturers/

.... theres no other list I can browse. Ideally this should be an
excel-sheet list that can be sorted by weight, seats, range, BHP, price
etc.

I was looking for a 10-14 seater prop aircraft. I heard about the
cessna caravan and piper meridian but both are turboprop, which more
than doubles fuel cost. I was also looking for an easy 2-seater that
can do 800km. Saw the Liberty and cessna 152, but what else is out
there?

If such a list exists openly, does it also include europe and
russian-made aircraft that may or may not be legally flyable in USA and
Canada ?

Old August 19th 05, 02:42 AM
John

Try www.landings.com. At the bottom of the page there is a link to a
list of aircraft manufacturers and in most cases, their websites. Be
skeptical though . . . a lot of the companies will probably get no
further than a really cool website with a great gallery page. It is
the closest I have seen to what you are looking for . . . but not
everyone will be on the list.

Now . . . does anyone remember the name of the small 4 engine high wing
freight hauler that looked a lot like a C-130 that was washed in hot
water and machine dried at high heat? If I recall correctly, it was
proposed to build the production aircraft in Puerto RIco.

blue skies

John