Bose comes through for my Christmas too! (was "Present from Bose!")

Old December 22nd 03, 04:12 PM
Kyler Laird

Default Bose comes through for my Christmas too! (was "Present from Bose!")

I've posted lots of messages about how much my wife and I appreciate
our Bose headsets, followed by several about how my wife's headset
became unusable after an upgrade (and a couple of attempts to fix it).
Now I get to go back to praising Bose.

I just got off the phone with Joe Tesini of Bose Noise Reduction
Customer Service. He'd read of my frustration and wanted to correct
the situation. He was quite professional yet friendly, and didn't
assert that we were just imagining some horrible difference between
my wife's headset and mine (as had been our last experience with
Bose).

Joe instructed me to send the headset back - on their dime this time.
He's going to replace it completely. We're going to run it to UPS
now.

Thank you, Bose.

--kyler
Old December 22nd 03, 04:50 PM
Jim Fisher

"Kyler Laird" wrote in message
He'd read of my frustration and wanted to correct
the situation.

Do they monitor our little group or did you send the a letter?

--
Jim Fisher

Old December 22nd 03, 10:31 PM
Cub Driver

This reminds me of the pal in Maine who urged me to buy a Saab because
the dealers were so obliging that they always loaned him a car when
his was in the shop for repairs.

I refrained from mentioning that if he'd bought a Honda, it wouldn't
have to go into the shop.

Neither have my Davey Clarks.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com
Old December 23rd 03, 12:19 AM
Doug Vetter

Jim Fisher wrote:
Do they monitor our little group or did you send the a letter?

I can assure you there are Bose people lurking here. I know this
because one contacted me recently regarding some of my posts here.

In fact, if Kyler hadn't come back with a positive response, I was
planning to put in a call to that person to see what he could do.

Glad to see someone beat me to it, and that customer service is still
alive there.

And, before anyone asks me, NO, I will not reveal this person's contact
information because he has not explicity given me permission to do so.
If he wants to pipe up here on his own free will, that's his call.

-Doug

--
--------------------
Doug Vetter, CFIMEIA

http://www.dvcfi.com
--------------------

Old December 23rd 03, 01:26 AM
Jonathan Goodish

In article ,
Cub Driver wrote:
This reminds me of the pal in Maine who urged me to buy a Saab because
the dealers were so obliging that they always loaned him a car when
his was in the shop for repairs.

I refrained from mentioning that if he'd bought a Honda, it wouldn't
have to go into the shop.

Neither have my Davey Clarks.

In fairness, your David Clarks are likely less complex than the Bose,
particularly if they are passive sets. Not sure what today's Bose ANR
sets are like, but I was disappointed in the ones I tried a few years
ago.

And despite what Honda owners claim, I have yet to see a Honda that
didn't have to go to the shop for unscheduled visits. My wife's Honda
was in the shop for unscheduled maintenance at least 3 times with fairly
expensive problems, at least one of which was a Honda design defect (I
believe it was the oil seal retaining clip recall, where the seal would
pop and dump all of your oil overboard, which happened to my wife at
night in a not-so-good location... but hey, they're so great they even
run without oil, right?) We finally ditched the car at 115k miles
because, despite being front wheel drive, it wasn't worth crap in even
so much as a dusting of snow.

JKG
Old December 23rd 03, 03:21 AM
Kyler Laird

"Jim Fisher" writes:

"Kyler Laird" wrote in message
He'd read of my frustration and wanted to correct
the situation.

Do they monitor our little group or did you send the a letter?

They monitor (through Google in this case). I was so frustrated
by the way Kitty was treated last time that I had pretty much
given up on them (although I intended to visit them when we were
at MIT for a conference).

BTW, the smaller "not a battery" box for the panel-mount headset
and the wool patch on the headset band were suggestions I made
awhile back that a technician saw and discussed with me. I
appreciate that they monitor and value the feedback.

--kyler
Old December 23rd 03, 12:21 PM
Cub Driver

We finally ditched the car at 115k miles
because, despite being front wheel drive, it wasn't worth crap in even
so much as a dusting of snow.

You need snow tires on a Honda, that's true. But then if you live in
New Hampshire, you really need snow tires on any vehicle that isn't
four-wheel-drive.

Was that "merely 115,000 miles" or WOW! 115,000 miles?

I sold my Immortal Accord last August. It was 13 years old and had
never had a repair to the core vehicle (excluding air conditioner,
cruise control, and exhaust system--the last being expendable items in
New Hampshire). Not did it have any rust-through. I was really sorry
to see it go, but I feared it would suddenly dump me on the asphalt
with no car around me. Except for its sibling the Civic (which lasted
10 years) I had never before owned an automobile past its sixth
anniversay, nor one that didn't require major surgery somewhere along
the line.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com
Old December 23rd 03, 01:48 PM
Aviv Hod

10 years) I had never before owned an automobile past its sixth
anniversay, nor one that didn't require major surgery somewhere along
the line.

You should try a Crown Victoria next time. I have a 93' that was 'gently'
used by the Iowa State Patrol for 3 years and 90,000 miles, and seven years
later has 164,000 miles with nary a hickup to the core drivetrain. Very
minor rust. The cabbies run these things to 300,000 miles, rebuild, then
run another 300,000 miles. They have truly outstanding engineering and
should get more respect.

Of course, the best part is that I've got a cop motor, cop shocks, cop
tires, and it's easy to drive in the dark while wearing sunglasses :-)

-Aviv

Old December 23rd 03, 02:40 PM
Jay Honeck

You should try a Crown Victoria next time. I have a 93' that was 'gently'
used by the Iowa State Patrol for 3 years and 90,000 miles, and seven

years
later has 164,000 miles with nary a hickup to the core drivetrain. Very
minor rust. The cabbies run these things to 300,000 miles, rebuild, then
run another 300,000 miles. They have truly outstanding engineering and
should get more respect.

I've ridden in Aviv's "ghetto cruiser", and can attest to its outstanding
ride and power.

It's fun pulling up next to a little econo-box and scaring the driver, too.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 23rd 03, 08:47 PM
Jim Fisher

"Kyler Laird" wrote in message
They monitor (through Google in this case).

Ah, good. In that case, I am severely disappointed in the Bose headsets
that I never bought. Why, if I had a free pair, I would probably be their
best-est supporter.

--
Jim Fisher
Florence, Alabama